fuse box cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse box cover

trying to get fuse box cover off - it seems very solidly affixed to the bulkhead. The user manual is unhelpful with just a picture of an open glovebox and an arrow pointing at the fuse box cover. Mu inclination is to prise it of with a large blunt screwdriver. Of course if it cracks in the process no one will ever know except the next owner! Any advice gratefully received. Best Wishes Mikey.

When I removed mine after blowing the washer bottle fuse I grabbed the front edges, both left and right and then pulled it. The cover came off reasonable easy from memory.... I don't think a blunt screwdriver to lever the lid off will hurt though
    sigpic

Comment

Dangerousfish might have some advice

I'm sure he must have blown every fuse going in his last DS3.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        When I removed mine after blowing the washer bottle fuse I grabbed the front edges, both left and right and then pulled it. The cover came off reasonable easy from memory.... I don't think a blunt screwdriver to lever the lid off will hurt though
        This. It's quite firmly attached but it does just pull off.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If you're worried about breaking it just get a small flathead under each of the clips affixing it to the base and prise it open that way.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I cant budge mine on my DS3 2013 model - far side is loose but seems fixed an front - there's an external clip there, but think this is just fixing it into the base - any ideas? More brute force?

Comment

Right at the bottom right, the lugs there are the largest and normally the one holding on for grim death!
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

It's a real pain to remove and install too. Have to remove it at least once a year since the OBD connector is behind the same cover (LHD).

Comment

Working...
                X