Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Would I Find An Ignition Live Under The Bonnet

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've bought a wiring loom to enable me to have my DRLs on along side my headlights at 30% of the brightness I have to connect one wire to a live from the ignition rather than coming from inside
    the car i.e. cigarette lighter I'm wondering if anyone knows where the is one under the bonnet to make life easier? I will post pics up once I have fitted it so you guys an see

( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAYTIME-RU...3D191398578993 )

Many Thanks in advance

Chris

I'd stay miles away from this, you realise you could find somebody with a Lexia tool to do this for you?

If you're dead set on tapping into something under the bonnet, your best bet is going to be the fuse box.

Have a look at your handbook for fuses that are in use for electronics made live from the ignition and look at running a wire from there.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Cheers mate so this lexia tool does that allow the main headlights and DRL to be on together at the same time I thought it was one or the other?

If that's so I'd rather go down that route and does anyone know of anyone in the northwest who's got a lexia tool?

Cheers Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G View Post
        Cheers mate so this lexia tool does that allow the main headlights and DRL to be on together at the same time I thought it was one or the other?

If that's so I'd rather go down that route and does anyone know of anyone in the northwest who's got a lexia tool?

Cheers Chris
        You can ask at your local dealers, they may charge you a "diagnostics fee" or they may refuse due to the legality of having your DRL's running at the same time as your headlights.

If it's done at a dealers you still run the risk of this voiding your cars warranty.

This thread was created after the amount of people asking the same question became an issue, this should help: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....=drl+sidelight
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I have a similar controller on my Boxer campervan, but it is part of a complete aftermarket DRL kit. Headlights plus half brightness DRLs is 'legal' I believe, and my van passed it's first MOT without comment

Fitting a similar controller to a DS3 requires removing the existing connections to the DRL units, and reconnecting them to this controller. This may cause a problem with the car's electronics even if you turn them off on the configuration menu.
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Cheers mate I'm going to look in to it a bit more and see what's the best way to go about it

Comment

Where Would I Find An Ignition Live Under The Bonnet

Lexia tool only turns side lights front and rear on to stop on with drl's. When you put headlights on the drl's still go out
              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
              X