Engine Issue - Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Issue - Advice needed

So im driving back from Southampton all well and dandy, 50-70 mph all the way until 6 miles from the Dartford Tunnel and I crawling in 1st. After about 15 mins of this the engine warning came up and a message saying "Engine Fault, Needs Repair" came up and I lost certainly the turbo and probably some more normally aspirated power. Vo real oomph.

Engine was idling fine and upto 2000RPM it felt fine but after there was no power. Managed to pull over after a few miles and lifted the bonnet, all sounded ok witrh no obvious looking issues. I turned of the engine and had another look, played with various leads and then started it again. All back to working normal although the engine warning light is still on.

Any idea what happened.

You should get your codes read. Could be anything... happens to me always when I fool around with the ecu. Could be fuel pressure regulation fault, overboost, misfire, camshaft position fault, etc.
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Comment

Wasn't a misfire as the engine was running smoothly. Odd that it went back to normal after I restarted the engine. Also the engine had been at idle or only up to about 1500rpm the whole time I was in the traffic jam.

Comment

It happens when the issue is not "fatal".
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Il take it in tomorrow, just wanted other people's views so I can aim off for any dealer bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
            Il take it in tomorrow, just wanted other people's views so I can aim off for any dealer bullshit.
            Take an umbrella. As you know I am not exactly in "terms" with Shitroen.

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to limp mode. I had it quite frequently up until the engine finaly decided to go pop.

Off to the dealers, I wouldn't drive it unless absolutely necessary personally.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Welcome to limp mode. I had it quite frequently up until the engine finaly decided to go pop.

Off to the dealers, I wouldn't drive it unless absolutely necessary personally.
                Was yours fine once you turned it off and then restarted it? Mine has only just been serviced so I'm wondering if that is a factor, also the warning came up after sitting pretty much idle rather than being pushed.

Comment

Ok,it's all gone a little odd, started up today and all is fine and the fault record has disappeared from the Myway.

Comment

Ok,it's all gone a little odd, started up today and all is fine and the fault record has disappeared from the Myway.
                    It was all in your head.
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Was yours fine once you turned it off and then restarted it? Mine has only just been serviced so I'm wondering if that is a factor, also the warning came up after sitting pretty much idle rather than being pushed.
                      Temporarily.

If ever you go into limp mode and can't get out, drop the positive terminal from the battery and reconnect after a few seconds.

The car wouldn't have gone into limp for no reason, just because there's no error visible in your MyWay system doesn't mean one hasn't been logged on the ECU. I honestly wouldn't just fob this off.
                      Get it to Citroen and ask them to remedy the error that would have been logged ensuring they don't just clear the log and say they couldn't find fault.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Just phoned Toomey Motor Group who are my nearest dealer and those who serviced my car a month ago. The earliest they can look at the car is Wednesday and they said I would be charged £66 for the privilege. I told them I'm not paying for them to identify a fault that they may be responsible for. I'm certainly not paying for them to clear the code and as Dangerousfish has eluded too, they tell me there is no problem.

Comment

Just phoned Toomey Motor Group who are my nearest dealer and those who serviced my car a month ago. The earliest they can look at the car is Wednesday and they said I would be charged £66 for the privilege. I told them I'm not paying for them to identify a fault that they may be responsible for. I'm certainly not paying for them to clear the code and as Dangerousfish has eluded too, they tell me there is no problem.
                          Time to contact CUK it seems

0844 463 3500 or CUK_ContactCentre@citroen.com
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            Time to contact CUK it seems

0844 463 3500 or CUK_ContactCentre@citroen.com
                            Well rather than dive straight into that option, I want to try and establish possible or probable factors. My car is out of warranty by a year but has had no previous issues that the walnut blasting didn't eliminate. This morning I did disconnect and reconnect all plugs and connector I could find, I want to eliminate that option (the fault has disappeared since then after all), I have fitted various parts so I need to confirm that has not been a contributing factor. Only once im sure there is an inherent fault will I call Citroen.

Comment

If you were closer, I'd offer you the use of my ODBII adapter to have a look for any fault codes. Might be worth doing before taking into the dealers so you know they're not just fobbing you off.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X