Broken Key Fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Key Fob

Hi guys, my DS3 key fob is playing up. The key bit is loose and sometimes will not flip out when I press the button. The electrics bit is fine for locking and unlocking. I think it is just a faulty spring or something. I went into my local Citroen dealer this morning and the chap said Citroen do not do key fob spares so I would have to buy a complete new key which would then have to be reprogrammed at a cost of £238 :eek:

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it?

Try www.partsworld-uk.com and search for key fob. If you are a full member you can get 10% discount with them.

Comment

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9261

Comment

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2934

Comment

Many thanks for your prompt response pmk. Hubby is going to take it apart as per the videos above and see how that goes and at least determine whether it is the spring or broken plastic bits as mentioned on these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
            Hi guys, my DS3 key fob is playing up. The key bit is loose and sometimes will not flip out when I press the button. The electrics bit is fine for locking and unlocking. I think it is just a faulty spring or something. I went into my local Citroen dealer this morning and the chap said Citroen do not do key fob spares so I would have to buy a complete new key which would then have to be reprogrammed at a cost of £238 :eek:

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it?
            I had the exact same issue , key part was floppy, wouldn't flip out, I purchased a new key from Citroen which comes already cut and transferred the transponder from the old key to the new one ( which is a much nicer key as it has the DS on it in chrome and not the Citroen logo all at a cost of £ 150.00

Comment

My key fob has done the same. I just use the other key, or just pull out the key from the fob.
              Would you be able to post a photo of your DS key fob Dempsey. Curious to see how it looks...
              Aka:
              Alex

:ds3:
              Blue Phoenix
              DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
                My key fob has done the same. I just use the other key, or just pull out the key from the fob.
                Would you be able to post a photo of your DS key fob Dempsey. Curious to see how it looks...
                I imagine it's similar to mine: http://instagram.com/p/q6CrqZJZgY/
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Oh that is posh! Does look good.

I wouldn't go pay £150 though if the keys still worked, but is definitely better than £238 if you feel it's a must-fix thing.

If they color coded the fobs to your car, then maybe... just maybe, I'd contemplate £150.
                  Aka:
                  Alex

:ds3:
                  Blue Phoenix
                  DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
                    Oh that is posh! Does look good.

I wouldn't go pay £150 though if the keys still worked, but is definitely better than £238 if you feel it's a must-fix thing.

If they color coded the fobs to your car, then maybe... just maybe, I'd contemplate £150.
                    You can swap out the colour in the circle, my previous (Sport Red) DS3 keys had a red circle. Unfortunately I don't think they do a Belle-ile Blue circle
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I would post a picture of my new key fob but I havent a clue how to do it , I shall endeavour to get this done for you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	359060Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	359061

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey View Post
                          I would post a picture of my new key fob but I havent a clue how to do it , I shall endeavour to get this done for you
                          Is that carbon effect in the circle or just a reflection?
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Like this, all it took was...

3.2 seconds of time and a piece of vinyl a wrapping place gave me.

Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                              Like this, all it took was...

3.2 seconds of time and a piece of vinyl a wrapping place gave me.

I like it
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X