Jump out of gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump out of gear

I was coming off a roundabout in 2nd onto a dual carriageway and started to overtake.

After shifting into 3rd and accelerating for 2-3 seconds it jumped out of gear into neutral - quite a surprise!

Was definitely fully in gear - would of expected some grinding if it wasn't.

Anyone experienced similar?
    Massage Schools St Louis Midwest Institute

Short answer "yes".
    Mine has been doing this on and off since the second week of owning it. I was told that it was "characteristic" of the DS3. Both Citroen garages I've taken it too have refused to look into it further.
    Mine doesn't jump out of gear often though, maybe once or twice every 2 months.
    If your keeps jumping out of gear then i'd recommend booking it in at your local Citroen garage.

Comment

Having owned 2, and driven another 3 or 4 DS3s, have never been aware, or made aware, of the vehicles slipping out of gear
      Character of the gearbox- that's Tosh
      Seems to me some gearboxs' have not been engineered to the optimum
      However, if its really infrequent, don't worry bout it
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Having owned 2, and driven another 3 or 4 DS3s, have never been aware, or made aware, of the vehicles slipping out of gear
        Character of the gearbox- that's Tosh
        This. Never happened to me either. Owned 2 THPs and driven at least 4 other DS3s (that I can remember).
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Deja'vu!

Originally posted by Greaterix View Post
          I was coming off a roundabout in 2nd onto a dual carriageway and started to overtake.

After shifting into 3rd and accelerating for 2-3 seconds it jumped out of gear into neutral - quite a surprise!

Was definitely fully in gear - would of expected some grinding if it wasn't.

Anyone experienced similar?
          Posted 11-01-2013 23:03.
          DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

Hmmmm how does it feel to be plagiarized?
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

When rolling from traffic lights, mine jumps ocassionally out of the 1st gear. It started happening after Citroen dealership "repaired" my clutch under warranty (bearing pooped at 20.000kms).
              I got it slightly better by throwing Redline fluids in the gearbox and by bleeding the clutch A-n-a-l-l-y.
              Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
              ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
              sigpic

Comment

Had this happen to me, only once.
                Accelerating gently away from the lights (doesn't happen too often).... and then plop! it popped out of second gear.

My guess is if it keeps happening, you might want to get Citroen to perform this proceedure:

Updated:
                Google drive link:
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6X...ew?usp=sharing

Or get you a new gearbox/selector box. I hardly think it's acceptable at all. This car is my first car I've ever had jump out of gear.
                Last edited by cameron20020; 17-11-2014, 07:06.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron20020 View Post
                  Had this happen to me, only once.
                  Accelerating gently away from the lights (doesn't happen too often).... and then plop! it popped out of second gear.

My guess is if it keeps happening, you might want to get Citroen to perform this proceedure:
                  http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...77876345947299

Or get you a new gearbox/selector box. I hardly think it's acceptable at all. This car is my first car I've ever had jump out of gear.
                  Can't open that PDF, not valid file. Cannot comment on it.
                  Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                  ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                  sigpic

Comment

New link should work:
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6X...ew?usp=sharing
                    Last edited by cameron20020; 17-11-2014, 06:40.

Comment

Working...
                    X