not looking good :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not looking good :(

Just posted but can't find it.. so reposting... Had car back today after having carbon build up cleaned.. and cR will not gain any heat.. temp gauge hardly moves.. on a normal drive so took it out drove bit harder and it still hardly moved so I hit the m4 and pretty much flat out into teipple digits.. and the temp gauge just about went past the first bar on the temp gauge the turbo was glowing completely orange... Curved boost pipe was Luke warm.. long straight 1 over engine was cold.. top engine was Luke warm.. water tank was Luke warm I am completely puzzled and taking it back first thing so depressed I mist my car and now it has to go back

Did the top radiator hose get hot?
    If not, then there's a possibility the thermostat could have failed open

Comment

Temp sensor failure? It's quite common unfortunately...

Comment

I thought temp sensor failure cause I read it's common but would it cause it to run cold.. and top rad pipe got a little bit warm probs warm enough to melt an ice cube in a week... What also made me think thermostat

Comment

Well Citroen said it don't sound like there is a problem.. but they will book it in for 2nd Dec.. just to have a look... Felt like I was banging my head against a wall there this morning...

Comment

Don't sound good that, be worried about driving it if turbo is getting that hot....
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Think it only got that hot cause I sat on the m4 doing almost the clock to see if I could get the engine temp up

Comment

if you can get your hands on an obd scanner or a bluetooth one with an android phone and torque pro,
                check the coolant temp.

Fully warmed up, it should be around 103C
                Though it can drop to 85C when under high load or on a hot day to help manage heat.

I hope it's just your temp sensor, because if the engine isn't warming up to the right temp like it should be, then this can cause extra wear and fuel consumption.

Comment

It's defo not getting up to temp.. 14mile run on motorway and some.bits of it at 130 soon as I stoped I put my hand on the water tank and it was Luke warm.. same as top radiator pipe... I drove tidy on way ho.e this morning and turbo was still glowing a little bit.. so defo somthing not right.. so I am not driving it unless I really really have to now

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_dsport View Post
                    Just posted but can't find it.. so reposting... Had car back today after having carbon build up cleaned.. and cR will not gain any heat.. temp gauge hardly moves.. on a normal drive so took it out drove bit harder and it still hardly moved so I hit the m4 and pretty much flat out into teipple digits.. and the temp gauge just about went past the first bar on the temp gauge the turbo was glowing completely orange... Curved boost pipe was Luke warm.. long straight 1 over engine was cold.. top engine was Luke warm.. water tank was Luke warm I am completely puzzled and taking it back first thing so depressed I mist my car and now it has to go back
                    Sounds like a blockage in the cooling system or faulty water pump maybe, as turbo getting red hot but not the top of the engine or the coolant.
                    Did some runs on dyno yesterday at full boost 1.2bar turbo still not glowing if was faulty temp sensor surely everything would run alright & get hot as normal but just not show on the gauge,my sensor was faulty but coolant still got hot & showed on the temp gauge just took longer to go up I'm no engineer or mechanic but just being logical trying to look at & solve problems liked i do everyday for work

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                      Sounds like a blockage in the cooling system or faulty water pump maybe, as turbo getting red hot but not the top of the engine or the coolant.
                      Did some runs on dyno yesterday at full boost 1.2bar turbo still not glowing if was faulty temp sensor surely everything would run alright & get hot as normal but just not show on the gauge,my sensor was faulty but coolant still got hot & showed on the temp gauge just took longer to go up I'm no engineer or mechanic but just being logical trying to look at & solve problems liked i do everyday for work
                      Had same sort of thinking somthing like an air lock or somthing... So fingers crossed it's a simple fast fix when it goes back Tue instill then. She's parked up again

Comment

Originally posted by cameron20020 View Post
                        Did the top radiator hose get hot?
                        If not, then there's a possibility the thermostat could have failed open
                        This.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                        X