Changing xenon bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing xenon bulbs

Has anyone here changed their xenon headlight bulbs? I can't extract the bulb, there are million wires on it and we can't seem to figure out where they go so we could disconnect them. Cant just remove the bulb itself as it looks like it's in one piece with the wires. Checked the manual, it wasn't helpful sadly. Need to change them asap, it's dark here most of the day.

Thanks, Rain P
    facebook.com/rainprisk | rainprisk.deviantart.com

Have you got a picture of the bulbs?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Comment

Are these the new headlights or have you added Xenon yourself?
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I bought the car used this summer, so not sure if the last owner added them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by idiot View Post
            I bought the car used this summer, so not sure if the last owner added them or not.
            I'm no expert but I would guess they were added by the previous owner.
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If there's no other way and I have to take it to dealers just to change the bulbs then I guess i'll let them change the xenons back to halogens, less hassle for me in the future
              Last edited by idiot; 28-11-2014, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                I'm no expert but I would guess they were added by the previous owner.
                They are an aftermarket kit the new bulbs from new headlights look like this

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

That almost looks like someones butchered a standard lamp and made it so the HID lamp fits in the standard hole (3 lugs that line up etc)
                  I can't seem to see an igniter?
                  BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                    That almost looks like someones butchered a standard lamp and made it so the HID lamp fits in the standard hole (3 lugs that line up etc)
                    I can't seem to see an igniter?
                    It's a h7?hid conversion
                    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Went to the dealers today, they confirmed what BeefMasta said, the lights were probably added by the previous owner and that they definitely aren't originals. The rubber covers on the back of the headlights were modified to fit the bulbs. Anyways, I then went and wondered around in the showroom and the mechanic came about 10 minutes later and told me the job was done. Now driving with original halogens again.

Comment

Went to the dealers today, they confirmed what BeefMasta said, the lights were probably added by the previous owner and that they definitely aren't originals. The rubber covers on the back of the headlights were modified to fit the bulbs. Anyways, I then went and wondered around in the showroom and the mechanic came about 10 minutes later and told me the job was done. Now driving with original halogens again.
                        Glad you got it sorted
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                        X