New Tyres required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tyres required

Hi all, has anyone changed tyres yet. My front one's are getting there and after this winter I ain't touching Potenza. A good
    all year round tyre recommendation would be appreciated.

+1

Comment

this site gives some interesting info

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...erformance.htm
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Check out black circles on the net They give good prices and reviews.

Comment

Been quoted £75 for Avon Tyres for my 17 inch wheels.

Comment

Which Avon tyres...there's loads of different ones

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
              Which Avon tyres...there's loads of different ones
              Aint got a clue John to be honest....Same tyre rating....More than likely crap ones lol.

Comment

GT Champiro HPX £68.69 @ Blackcircles...that's fully fitted no extras

Comment

Will look at the review of the GT Champiro HPX John. Always weary fitting tyres not standard on car as had an audi a3, went for a different brand but in the end I had to change
                  them back as just felt unsafe with set up of car.

Comment

I tend to agree with Eurobob as Citroen would have done lots of tests with these tyres to make sure they are the best fit for the car, we never had any bother with the Pots in the snow last year and we had a LOT of snow where we are
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I find the Bridgestone Potenza's a good all rounder. No quibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                        I find the Bridgestone Potenza's a good all rounder. No quibles.
                        I wonder whether their performance in snow is related to the amount of wear? Mine were quite worn at the time of the snow (although they still had a good 4-5mm of tread) and they were utterly useless - far more so than similarly part-worn tyres that I've used in similar conditions on other cars.

Comment

Bump!

At the risk of provoking more criticism of my driving ability in the snow from Biggie, has anyone replaced their Potenzas with anything else yet?

I've had a nail through one of my rears, and it's not repairable. Currently running on the spare, pending replacement.

As both fronts will need replacing sometime soon anyway, I'm thinking I'll get all 4 done, as I don't want to run different tread patterns etc on the same axle.

I'm tempted by Toyos (T1R), which I used on an Ibiza Cupra. They had great grip, but wore v. quickly and were a bit noisy.

My local tyre place has recommended Uniroyal Rainsports as good all-rounders, but they have v soft sidewalls (unlike the Potenzas, which have the stiffest side-walls of any tyre I've ever known), and I don't want to lose the tautness around tight bends, roundabouts etc that a stiff sidewall gives.

I've looked at loads of tyre reviews online, but tyre performance seems to vary with the power, setup and weight distribution of each model, so a tyre that's fine in one car may perform less well in another.

What I'm looking for is user feedback from DS3 owners. I'm far from convinced that the Potenzas can't be improved upon.

I'm not necessarily looking for a cheap alternative to the Potenzas (although cheaper = good if there's no loss of performance), as I reckon it's a false economy. I'm putting close to £100 pw into the tank of my THP at the moment (daily commute of 120+ miles) , so a few quid saved on tyres, viewed over the life of the tyre, is a drop in the proverbial.

Comment

Uniroyal rainsport 2 if u can get them are bloody epic in my opinion and the reviews on tyrereviews says the same. Really good in dry and wet. Also grippy for occasional track use. I covered 20000 hard miles on them and still 3mm left. Ive tried goodyear f1's toyos and yokos but i can never find a comparison to the rainsports imo
                            Team Yellow not White

Comment

Many thanks AndyG - very helpful.

Any problem with the soft sidewalls? Is the steering feel OK (as opposed to the grip) through the twisties?

Comment

Working...
                              X