Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oil in cylinder? DS3-R & also pinking occasionally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in cylinder? DS3-R & also pinking occasionally?

I've noticed Cyl number 2 has got oil around the base where the plug sits, nothing major however at its 2nd service interval, I've changed the plugs myself and noticed this on only this cylinder.

The rest are a bit sooty which isn't overly bad for what I'm used to with Cosworths and RS Turbo's I've had. AFR and power is bang on with the car on both a MAHA and Dyno Dynamics dyno check with my local tuner I use.

It looks like its not getting past the seal on the plug, but then again it could be very slightly getting in from somewhere and causing something with the ignition on occasion.

I've had the occasional stutter/pinking from it, very hard to replicate. Could it be the PCV valve is playing its cause in this and maybe just a gasket needing done under warranty, or is this the sign of something else? Never came across this on the THP175's before on 207's so this is really a new one for me!

Anyone else experience the same?
    2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Check your fuel pressures, and a compression test might be a good move here...
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I have oil only on the rocker cover, but that's because the PCV pipe connection leaks...
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

Compressions bang on Jamie, I think the PCV pipe on the timing side rear of engine had a small air leak from it, I can hear it when it's warmed up but doesn't lose performance? Could this be doing something and pushing the oil back?
        2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

I know the O rings can swell on that pcv pipe making them hard to push back on without ripping the O ring.
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

#2 cylinder eh, have we not heard of this before on the DS3-R? common fault...

search cylinder DS3R - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1552128
            Last edited by Toxic; 05-12-2014, 01:21.
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
            X