possesed car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possesed car

Sat out tonight just ignition on... The wipers decided to go on they own and not turn off... The parking sensors came up head lights came on so took ignition off and out and they kept going... So had to take battery connection off to stop it... Today I had the inside hoovered out and the air bag lights came on... And has been flickering onnd off since... Car is really stressing me out lately.. any of you have any ideas??

I would guess electrical fault, maybe you knocked some wiring under one of the seats? Either loose connection or damaged wiring.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

There's wiring under the seats that when knocked can cause the airbag light to come on. It's a common fault amongst French cars, I know older Clios were very prone to it.

Comment

But what would be causing my headlights and wipers to be going with no ignition on??

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_dsport View Post
          But what would be causing my headlights and wipers to be going with no ignition on??
          Judging from Jeremy Clarkson in the latest Top Gear special, even a small electrical fault or crossed wire can cause all manor of issues. Either that or a dodgy connection on the wiper / headlight stalks.

I'm no expert, just throwing ideas out there.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks... Any ideas is a start atm... Going pull all my bits off it tomorrow check any connections/ wires I can get to.. I have had front bumper off so maybe I pinched somthing or somthing I Dono but going strip it all again tomorrow and look.. and then book it back into Citroen .aus well use my 6months warranty

Comment

If things are going on that shouldnt, then the switch is faulty or there is a live supply being picked up from somewhere
              That means a live is shorting out between wires and making to the switch wire side, but not blowing the fuse

If it was live to earth fault, then the fuse would blow

Car electrics are notoriously tricky, especially if you get an earth/return path fault
              There is technically no "earth" as the car is on 4 rubber wheels

Car electrical dignostic tester required, or return under wearranty, but if its deemed your fault they will charge unfortunately
              Good luck
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Take a close look at the badge on the bonnet . . .

. . . does it say "Alfa Romeo"? (Been there, done that !)

Comment

Originally posted by daveb View Post
                  take a close look at the badge on the bonnet . . .

. . . Does it say "alfa romeo"? (been there, done that !)
                  me too!
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Earth cable on battery to body have good connection? Battery holding good state of charge? Probably not related, but worth eliminating.
                    62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                      Earth cable on battery to body have good connection? Battery holding good state of charge? Probably not related, but worth eliminating.
                      Good point ...A good %100 battery is a must... again, just a thought
                      Check the battery is charging at maximum
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Surprised this has not happened to me with the amount of fiddling Ive done with the carpets, both front and back.
                        Aka:
                        Alex

:ds3:
                        Blue Phoenix
                        DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

The issue has been sorted.. it was cleaning products from the hand car wash i took it to.. they must have used way to much as mechanic found air bag ecu full of it

Comment

Watch where you squirt those fluids Gaz :-)
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Wow what did they do, submerge the inside in a tank of chem?
                              Aka:
                              Alex

:ds3:
                              Blue Phoenix
                              DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                              X