Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DS3 is eating dipped Headlight bulbs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DS3 is eating dipped Headlight bulbs!!

Anyone else's DS3 eat headlight bulbs? I bought upgraded H7's from Ring and I am replacing them every 2-3 months! Its doing my head in!

What bulbs is everyone else using?

I had the very same problem, I've gone back to the standard bulbs, as they are the only ones that last, but they are poor and its doing my head in driving 100 mile a day in with them.

I have tried Osram Nightbreakers twice, Phillips Extreme Vision, and another random make with a 2 year warranty, all the same. The Phillips ones lasted the longest.

Comment

I don't have this problem with Osram Nighbreaker bulbs.
      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Osrams OK for me too- used 2 sets, both lasted 18 months ish
        Funny, each headlight seems to go within weeks of each other

Never heard of Ring lamps- they cheapos?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

It may be linked to the amount of hours of use, at present mine are on 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, so getting some use. Mine normally go at the point of switching them on. A friend of mine who works in Vehicle electrics at JLR told me some cars do produce a voltage spike and this can blow the bulbs.

Comment

Upgraded bulbs have a shorter lifespan - Philips quote 400 hours for their X-treme Vision

try the math for your usage?
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

When driving to work in the morning after a few minutes of driving my lights dim for a split second then go back to normal. This happens a couple of times within 2 minutes then stops after that. Only noticed it in the morning aswell. It done this with the original bulbs and my osram that are in at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                When driving to work in the morning after a few minutes of driving my lights dim for a split second then go back to normal. This happens a couple of times within 2 minutes then stops after that. Only noticed it in the morning aswell. It done this with the original bulbs and my osram that are in at the moment?
                Is that when using stop-start or with the engine running?
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I had similar issues with Night Breaker Plus on my own. went to Nightbreaker Unlimited's and they lasted approx 4 months each. My other half's DS3 also ate Nightbreakers within about 5 months,

All bulbs came from different suppliers so batches would ahve been different. I guess they wont just last a long as normal ones.
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                    Is that when using stop-start or with the engine running?
                    With the engine running. While driving to work at about 7 am. Cars only been on for about 3-4 minutes. It'll dim the lights on and off for about a minute and then it's fine after that. I don't know if it does it when I come home after work as it's not really dark enough to notice

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                      Upgraded bulbs have a shorter lifespan - Philips quote 400 hours for their X-treme Vision

try the math for your usage?
                      I'm not even getting half that quoted usage form Extreme Vision. If I did get 400 hours I would happily keep replacing them.

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                        With the engine running. While driving to work at about 7 am. Cars only been on for about 3-4 minutes. It'll dim the lights on and off for about a minute and then it's fine after that. I don't know if it does it when I come home after work as it's not really dark enough to notice
                        Could be a dodgy ground that when vibrating and cold does not make great contact but when warmed up conducts better. Doubt it, but maybe.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Check the earth connections.

I had this problem years ago on a Metro (yes, I know, sorry) which I never solved until I happened to notice, when opening the bonnet with the engine running, that sparks were jumping between the metal throttle cable sheath and the carburettor :eek: . (I'm not sure why it didn't burst into a ball of flames!!).

It turned out that the engine earth strap connection to the body was corroded. After cleaning it up and reconnecting, the car stopped eating bulbs and the sparking stopped.
                          Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

i'll have a look when I can then if one kind person would like to tell me where the earth cable is?

Comment

Think the problem with the earth cable is a known issue to Citroen

Comment

Working...
                              X