Parking sensor fault/exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking sensor fault/exhaust

Not sure if this has been spoken about yet, I have a 2011 1.6vti which has had the temperature sensor fixed on it due to an overheat. Since then I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of white smoke/steam (unsure) coming out of the exhaust pipe which I presume is triggering the parking sensors when reversing. At first I thought it might be down to the engine having not warmed up but the smoke/steam doesn't seem to go away when the engine is up to temperature? Is this a plausible theory?

I bought the car through Arnold Clark in June last year and have had a new clutch and temp sensor fitted under the extended warranty but this makes me reluctant to go back to them with another fault as I had to argue to get the sensor fitted for free last time, which surely means my name is down in a black book somewhere....

You shouldn't have had to argue to get the temp sensor fixed under warranty, it's a known issue and has been covered on a few threads previously.

I know my THP usually has a bit of water vapour coming out of the exhaust until the engine has warmed up. Maybe it's been continuing for you because of the cold weather?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Not just on previous threads but when citroen recently sent me a questionnaire about my car one of the specific questions asked if my temp sensor had failed!

My local dealer sorted it very quickly and notices something else at the same time which was lucky and they sorted that under warranty too.

I know all dealers are different but it is definitely a known issue. I'd head back down there and make them look at it. Maybe you have another dealer in the area? Or even just ask CUK?
      2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        Had a fault message come up today about the parking sensors so I'm guessing that there is something wrong electrically? So that's mondays job to take it back...

Yeah I had heard that the temp sensor fail was a common fault so I had feeling it would happen. They changed the part and charged me £120 but then I complained to head office about it and got the money back plus compensation for the three days that I was without a car, As they neglected to mention that even though they sold me an autocare package that included a courtesy car the same day, I wouldn't be old enough to get insured on there vehicle. Yet another reason why they will probably have a fit when I turn up on Monday morning.

I think my next question would be should I also complain about the amount of erosion on the centre caps of my alloy wheels? Or is that taking it too far for an extended warranty?

Comment

Working...
        X