Ds3 thp 155 engine cooling fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 thp 155 engine cooling fan problem

On start up of the car the engine cooling fan comes on and stays on until 5 mins after the engine has stopped
    Any idea why it might be doing this?
    Thanks

Is it the same if you turn off the AC?

Comment

Yes it is,do you think it will ok to drive it until I get to the dealers on Wednesday?

Comment

Its happened on both mine, just assumed it was circulating all the fluids etc etc
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've had the car4 months now and it's only just started to do it,even from a cold start the fan is straight on
          I'll after see what the dealers say on Wednesday

Comment

Mine stays on for about 2 mins from start, (starts after 20 seconds) then turns off.
            Done it since new

The fan that stays on after switch off when engine is hot, is the turbo cooling fan I believe
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Actually, i had that issue on my first one, the fan came on att full speed even in wintertime.
              I refilled the air condition and the problem was gone, the level of R134a was nearly empty.

Comment

Right it could be a number of things then!
                I've only had the car back from the dealers for about a week,as the car had a temp senor replace and the car had a misfire so they ended up removing the valves as they were Carbon up,and cleaning them

Comment

Originally posted by Karl martyn View Post
                  car had a misfire so they ended up removing the valves as they were Carbon up,and cleaning them
                  Thats a job- mine were cleaned leaving the valves in situ
                  How many miles and whats date of manufacture?
                  Might give a clue as to why they took yours out
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mines a 30/3/12 done 26000 miles
                    Dealers told me that Citroen only have 5 machines which can clean the valves in situ and they are all being used by other dealers so there would be a 10 day wait until one was available,so they decided to do it the old fashion way and take the head off and it that way. She said it's very rare for something like a carbon build up to happen,I beg to differ as ds3 forums are full of the same problem.

Comment

Just a update I've just been to the dealers regards the fan and they haven't got s glue what is causing it so the has been left with again so they can investigate.
                      This has got to be the most unreliable car I have bought to date,only had it 4 months and it's spent more time at the dealers than my driveway
                      I've had a enough so soon as I get the car back it will be up for sale. ��

Comment

I beg to differ as ds3 forums are full of the same problem.
                        Use this as part of your conversation with the dealer. There's plenty of posts on here regarding the same issue.

It's such a shame Citroen are still refusing to take blame after 5 years.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Dealers told me that Citroen only have 5 machines which can clean the valves in situ and they are all being used by other dealers so there would be a 10 day wait until one was available,so they decided to do it the old fashion way and take the head off and it that way. She said it's very rare for something like a carbon build up to happen,I beg to differ as ds3 forums are full of the same problem.
                          Yes- valve cleaning and how to manage it is something that goes with the territory for the petrolDSport- as with all direct injection engines. My catch can didn't seem to do much good. BGK44 additive, and an Induction clean every 10k miles for me, when warrantys gone (Terraclean)

Must have been lucky with them cleaning my valves- got them sorted withn 48hrs. Would like to know how much they would charge if it was out of warranty. will ask them at the service in couple months

The fan- its normal to stay on for minute or 2 in the summer
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Car now ready for collection from dealers,problem fixed it turned out to be a loose pipe which wasn't tighten probably the last time it was there.
                            They really feel you with confidence don't they when your car goes in!!
                            I'm still selling the car I've got no confidence in the car or the dealer anymore!!!

Comment

Need to take the course of action that gives you the best peace of mind, good luck with whatever you get next.
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X