No announcement yet.

Ds3 thp 155 engine cooling fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe give it a few weeks, see how it goes?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks guys, the warranty runs out in March as well so all this work it's had would of cost a arm and a leg.

Comment

^ Fair enough
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

It's a shame as they can be great cars but in your position I'd probably feel the same
          sigpic

Comment

I have the same type of fan noise on mine but it's actually an electric water pump for cooling the turbo after shut off which runs for 2- about 10 mins depending how hot the turbo is

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
              I have the same type of fan noise on mine but it's actually an electric water pump for cooling the turbo after shut off which runs for 2- about 10 mins depending how hot the turbo is
              Thats me too then, And 10 minutes for me :-)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

When you don't hear that noise is the time to worry as pump not working correctly cooling the turbo

Comment

On older cars with Turbo's , you had to run the engine for a few minutes after stopping to help the Turbo cool down, or the Turbo would suffer damage
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yes they did was called a turbo timer or simmer stat to keep the oil circulating while the turbo cooled,think they were only oil cooled in those
                    days,not water cooled as modern car turbo's are

Comment

Working...
                    X