Windscreen wiper and heater fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen wiper and heater fault!

hi guys, i have a 2011 DS3, my windscreen wipers only seen to work now and again, starting and stopping, sometimes stop half way up the windscreen then startagain, also my heaters only seem to work on the highest speed..,
    the vent area between the engine and windscreen (where the winscreen wiper wiring is located), got blocked up sometime ago and filled with water, and i think the problem only started to happen around that time so im guessing it is linked..,
    has anyone experienced the same issues?, or know what the problem is?, thanks in advance!

The area that filled with water also has the wiper motor and linkages in there. So my guess is it may have screwed up the motor or the pivot points in the linkages could just be corroded and need to be cleaned or the elect connector on the motor may be corroded and in need of cleaning. Would start with the latter.

By the way Welcome
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

yeah checked all fuses all are fine, will check the connectors and wiring next see if its all tidy, could the heater problem be linked?, the wipers continuously if i home the wiper stoke down, but when put on different speeds it randomly stops some way up the windscreen then starts again.,
      thankyou!

Comment

Agree with Cyclone, sounds like the wiper motor has bought the farm.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Would the wiper problem and heater problem be linked though? Cheers for your replies

Comment

Originally posted by johnnynicholass View Post
            Would the wiper problem and heater problem be linked though? Cheers for your replies
            Yes. If the well was indeed flooded then some of the water must have gone into the heater intake which is in the same compartment (with intake filters).

Comment

Yeah mate it was properly flooded!, how would I be able to solve the heater problem?, and I have a 13 plate Peugeot partener van, do you know if the wiper motors would be the same, or fit the ds3's? Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X