Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning confusion

Hi there,

Anyone else find the air conditioning controls slightly confusing?

While digital a/c is in auto: "A/C", the comfort setting, e.g. 21 and "AUTO" are all displayed.

From this starting point:

1. if I press the A/C button both "A/C" and "AUTO" disappear from the display, but the comfort setting, e.g. 21, continues to be displayed.
    2. if I press the air-flow, i.e. "empty fan", button "AUTO" disappears from the display, but "A/C" and the comfort setting, e.g. 21, continue to be displayed.

Can someone explain why this difference in the digital display, depending on whether I take step 1. or 2., when both, as I understand it, turn-off automatic a/c operation?

Is it because step 2. still leaves some functions in automatic mode (signified by "A/C" remaining in the display)?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
    Last edited by Sean N; 26-01-2015, 20:14.

It's explained in the Owner's Handbook - see "Manual override" in the Digital air conditioning section.

Comment

The idea is to just leave it in Auto - choose your comfortable temperature (usually around 20c) and just leave it all alone.

If you do manually make an adjustment, then you're no longer in Automatic mode, and so the AUTO correctly disappears from the display.

A/C simply means the Air Con compressor is active - this dries the air entering the cabin (keeping your windows fog-free in rain and cold conditions). It will also cool the air entering the cabin if you've set a lower temperature.

Comment

Yeah this ^

I have mine set to 21-22 on Auto in the winter and much lower in the summer. If needed (when my fiancee gets in the car) the temp usually goes up to 24-25 (which is waaaaayyyy to hot lol) but I let the auto function take care of it all.
        sigpic

Comment

Ffs..
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            Ffs..

I feel your pain Cycles...
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks. I plan to leave it on auto, as recommended. I just wanted better understanding of the controls should I ever want to manually over-ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean N View Post
                Thanks. I plan to leave it on auto, as recommended. I just wanted better understanding of the controls should I ever want to manually over-ride.
                see post #2 for the full explanation of how the controls work.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  see post #2 for the full explanation of how the controls work.
                  You are a naughty boy!

JB

Comment

Working...
                  X