Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 problems, water pump sealant, washer jets, exhaust bracket welds, bubbling trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 problems, water pump sealant, washer jets, exhaust bracket welds, bubbling trim

I$%^&*#@purchased a ds3 sport last February 2014. The car was 2 years and 2 months old with 17k on the clock. When I bought it the silver trim on the door was bubbling, this was fixed under warranty and I was told faulty material was used.

A few months after owning the car I looked under the bonnet one day to discover all my engine coolant had disappeared. I filled it back up but it took 3 litres so was totally empty. I checked it a week later to discover it had disappeared again. I took it to the local Citroen Garage and after having a look they told me my car was declared off the road. All of the sealant around the water pump was faulty and full of dirt. They said it's all needed to be completely stripped off and re-sealed and a new water pump put in. This was done under warranty.$%^&*#@

Last week I discovered my washer jets weren't working and after finding it was a common fault in cold weather I replaced the fuse.

Yesterday I took my car for it's MOT. It's now 3 years and 1 month old so 1 month out of warranty. It had failed it's MOT as the exhaust is not held on sufficiently. All the brackets that hold the exhaust on need to be welded as they wearing away. My car has 21k on the clock. Seems that they've used faulty or weak weld on the brackets. I am going to try and claim goodwill with Citroen as I think this is a manufacturing fault but really don't know where I stand? Any advice would be appreciated?$%^&*#@

With all of the problems and faulty/insufficient materials used on this car i'm really beginning to regret my purchase!

Edit Post$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@Reply$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*# @Reply With Quote$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^ &*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@$%^&*#@

A few people have had the exhaust bracket fixed as a warranty claim on higher mileage than yours. Hope you get it sorted. Might be worth investigating the extended warranty?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Just hope u dont get engine problems as that will make your wallet cry.
      Warranty just dont last forever (Shame) unless you get a plastic Kia
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm taking it to a Citroen Garage on Tuesday. They're going to inspect the vehicle and see if Citroen will fix it as a good will gesture. I doubt they will though. Will have a look at the extended warranty.

Comment

BTW posting in 1 place is quite sufficient no need for more.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
          X