Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 DStyle Monochrome C Screen Problem

Good day guys - I hope you are well ?

A few weeks back I noticed a think black line across my screen on my display. However over the past week it has got much worst (please see attached). Apart from changing the display are there any tips on how to sort please ? Many thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Welcome to the club

I'm not sure there's a lot you can do, I'm fairly sure it's a sealed unit otherwise I'd suggest checking the ribbon cable connections.

If you're still in warranty then take it into your dealer for a fix or a replacement screen. If not then you should be able to pick up a replacement for cheap(ish) on eBay. They're quick and easy to swap over; I watched Mark change Kats screen over in under 10 mins with minimal tools.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The pixels on the matrix are damaged, if the car is still under warranty then this should be picked up by the dealer with no issues. Otherwise the only other option is to do as Beefy suggested and buy a second hand screen.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thank you very much both and sincerely appreciate the welcome. The car is 2010 so well out of warranty. Its weird as the lines are in a different place each time i drive the car. Its also reversed when i put on the dark screen (orange lines). I would mind any tips on how to remove it to check it over. Cheers:bow:

Comment

Originally posted by waynelod View Post
          Thank you very much both and sincerely appreciate the welcome. The car is 2010 so well out of warranty. Its weird as the lines are in a different place each time i drive the car. Its also reversed when i put on the dark screen (orange lines). I would mind any tips on how to remove it to check it over. Cheers:bow:
          If it's in a different place each time I'd guess loose cable or maybe moisture on the cable connections?

From when I watched Mark do it: the dash trim (maroon in the pic) is just clipped in and should just pull away from the bottom. Work your way from the passenger side to the middle. You'll probably need a plastic trim removal tool to do it though, or be very gentle with a flat bladed screwdriver (don't want it being marked). Both the hazard light and lock buttons have cables that can be unclipped, as does the screen.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% on all of this though so might hopefully Mark will see this and be able to offer some more accurate advice. Try it at your own risk.
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you very much again. I think its worth a try. Will give Mark a shout for some tips as the cash is currently perfect. Do you know his username here please ? Cheers

Comment

Thank you very much again. I think its worth a try. Will give Mark a shout for some tips as the cash is currently perfect. Do you know his username here please ? Cheers
              mark.a-ds3
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you so much yet again. Will drop him a line now

Comment

There's a link on my File Repository thread which shows how it's done

Link in sig.

Comment

ps my spelling is awful on my iphone. I meant dashof course not cash :lemon:

Comment

Thank you bigfeet. I cannot see the link on my iphone but will have a peep on my pc in a bit. Cheers

Comment

Good morning Bigfeet - I hope you are well ? Sorry to trouble you. Ive tried to find the file you mention above in the file repository thread in your sig and failed. Sorry to be a pain but are you able to point me to it please ? Sorry for being a dork head :-)

Comment

Its OK - found it - thank you

Comment

Good morning Bigfeet - I hope you are well ? Sorry to trouble you...
                            See, THIS is how you show respect for the Club Oracle.

Comment

Club Oracle ???

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X