X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp engine fault

hi i have a issue with my ds3 diesel dstyle
    the temp engine fault keeps coming up on my dash and says stop
    it goes away after a while but now the service light stays on but if the temp fault has gone and i turnthe car off it does go again and everytihng seems ok then it will just appear again and do the same thing
    i took it to a local garage the first time it came up in dec and they did a diagnostic check but then they said they moved the wires and it went away so they didnt do anything else to help the problems but it didnt come up again until about a week ago but now it keeps going and coming back so do i need to get it to citroen dealer rather than a local garage or anyone no how to fix this problem please
    thank you

Originally posted by sarah72 View Post
    hi i have a issue with my ds3 diesel dstyle
    the temp engine fault keeps coming up on my dash and says stop
    it goes away after a while but now the service light stays on but if the temp fault has gone and i turnthe car off it does go again and everytihng seems ok then it will just appear again and do the same thing
    i took it to a local garage the first time it came up in dec and they did a diagnostic check but then they said they moved the wires and it went away so they didnt do anything else to help the problems but it didnt come up again until about a week ago but now it keeps going and coming back so do i need to get it to citroen dealer rather than a local garage or anyone no how to fix this problem please
    thank you
    I'd recommend taking it to the dealership in this instance for them to diagnose it correctly.

It's possibly something simple such as a temperature sensor that's become faulty.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Yeah, I'd say definitely take it to the dealer or a different garage. Moving wires isn't a fix if they didn't diagnose what was actually wrong.

It could be that the first place just reset the car by disconnecting the battery to clear any faults (this happened to me) but the fault will still be there until fixed. Ideally it will need to be plugged in so they can read the fault code and then determine what is wrong.

The Temp Fault has been seen quite a lot so could, as Fish says and will be a really easy fix.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeah they should sort prett fast under warranty. I had the same issue and it didnt take them long to resolve
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

I also had this happen last summer - was in the dealers for a couple of days but got it sorted under warranty
            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

i have an issue with the TEMP sensor on our DS3 2012 Dstyle Plus 120bhp petrol , the dealer has changed the sensor 3 times now and the fault has returned this morning. the car has extended warranty, so it's a no charge fix ,

How many people are being charged by Citroen for a Known Fault ! how has had head gasket failure due to this issue

How many dealers are fixing this issue first time

Time to get Citroen Technical involved

Comment

When I handed over my 2012 DStyle Plus in for it's first MOT a couple of weeks ago, the Service Manager said there was a recall on my model to replace a temp sensor which they said they would do at the same time. Has anyone else had this as I can't find any details of a temp sensor recall online?
                2015 DStyle NAV PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 in Red/Black. Enlisted into the Imperial Guard.

Comment

I wonder if some recalls are on a 'when the car comes in' basis as opposed to ones that are more serious, say in relation to brakes or that could be deemed dangerous
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moznov View Post
                    When I handed over my 2012 DStyle Plus in for it's first MOT a couple of weeks ago, the Service Manager said there was a recall on my model to replace a temp sensor which they said they would do at the same time. Has anyone else had this as I can't find any details of a temp sensor recall online?
                    Yes, I've had it when mine went in for a service last week. I suspect "recall" may be the wrong terminology here; it's not showing as a recall on Citroen's website & as it's not a safety issue they are probably only doing it, as lfcrule1972 says, on cars which come in for service.

I don't know if the replacement is being done for free as mine didn't need it. Apparently there are different sensors used - if the one fitted is a separate sensor rather than one which requires the replacement of the whole housing it appears that there's no problem.

The paperwork the service desk had looked like an InfoRapid with pictures of the different types, so it's just a visual check.

Comment

Just been told the same. Brought my DS3 in under warranty for the timing chain noise and was told of the temp sensor recall as well
                      Last edited by nutbolt; 22-09-2015, 13:22.
                      Temporary Car -Toyota Aygo
                      New Car - Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Techna with forward radar, heated seats, 360 around view, full leather, reverse, front and side cameras, start stop, sat nav, cruise, active city brake, lane departure warning, self parking,everything but make the morning tea!
                      The Yellow "menace" - DS3 Dsport Plus 1.6 THP 150 - Sport Yellow/Black Roof/Chrome Mirrors - SOLD

Comment

I was also having temp sensor failure on my DS3. Had it at a garage and they ordered a sensor in. The sensor wouldn't fit so they contacted a citreon garage for help and were told that there is a current recall on that part. So I took it to the citreon garage and they've replaced it for nothing. Car drives like a dream again... thank goodness. Who knows how much it would have cost me if the sensor had been replaced by the local garage I took it to for ease.

Comment

Good to hear , nice introduction post stick some pics up for a proper welcome

Comment

Working...
                          X