Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDI 110 DSport+ Troubles (low mpg, poor performance, unstable driving)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDI 110 DSport+ Troubles (low mpg, poor performance, unstable driving)

Hey all,
    Just as the car leaves warranty it's hit with loads of problems at once!
    My fuel efficiency has fallen from mid 60's to high 30's/low 40's?!
    Car is very unstable on the road - possibly suspension related issue but I don't have a ramp to be sure. (wonders left and right, turns when hit with a cross wind, rear end slides on any right hand bend)
    Currently booked in to Citroen garage next week, but looking for suggestions. I am very familiar with cars in general, but have a lot going on so cant put any time other than an odd post to the forum!

Car sounds rough when cold, loud and... just not right, almost knocking. The car doesn't always pick up on full throttle, feels slow, Air inlet temperature seems to read around 6-8'C via OBDII port, even after a little run, so i'm suspecting a faulty temp sensor...

Inter-cooler is partly covered in soot from a pipe connecting to exhaust.
    Tightened the nut, so that the leak (which i didn't see - assumed it only happened at high load/boost) stopped. But it's had no improvement to vehicle response or mpg...

The car is running on Shell Nitro+ Diesel, which helps keep the low 40's rather than high 30's (mpg). Car does purely motorway driving so it's unlikely to be a DPF problem.

Any Suggestions?

A faulty temperature sensor will fool the car into thinking it's still cold and thus on choke which could explain your low mpgees
    When was it last serviced?
    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Testing temp sensor again, it reads fine.
      Another symptom was a lack of Boost. Intermittent.
      Rattle/tapping from the engine :-/
      Not looking good...

Comment

Hmmmm, no ideas from me. I'm still tuned into petrol faults.

I know my old vti had temp sensor fault and timing chain. She also sounded like a canal boat at times.

Sorry, not much help re diesels yet. I'm sure some might have some ideas
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I've not come across these issues in mine yet (2013 eHDi 115) and on 28k miles I think....

Will be interested to see what the dealer says the issue(s) is/are....

Good luck
          sigpic

Comment

well, left my car with he garage over night.
            They said some pipes with the DPF are damaged and need replacing, possible cause for low mpg, low performance and rough running... Not 100% convinced personally, but they haven't found anything else...
            As the the erratic control issues. They can't find the cause. Nor did the car do this during the test drive.... :/
            Haven't done the MOT as of yet...

Comment

Got my car back today.
              They have replaced the DPF pressure pipe (shiny silver pipe at the front of the car)
              The car sounds a lot smoother running.
              They couldn't find anything related to the steering issues - leaving me a little worried that it didn't do anything while they had the car?? Not sure how the problem can be intermittent...
              Their "mpg run" suggests the car is now performing at 71.1 mpg combined while is miles better than it has been doing, so hopefully this is truthful and the low mpg is now sorted. :-)

Usual service from Citroen Hatfield, still one of the best garages I've used.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
                Got my car back today.
                They have replaced the DPF pressure pipe (shiny silver pipe at the front of the car)
                The car sounds a lot smoother running.
                They couldn't find anything related to the steering issues - leaving me a little worried that it didn't do anything while they had the car?? Not sure how the problem can be intermittent...
                Their "mpg run" suggests the car is now performing at 71.1 mpg combined while is miles better than it has been doing, so hopefully this is truthful and the low mpg is now sorted. :-)

Usual service from Citroen Hatfield, still one of the best garages I've used.
                Glad the MPG and rough running is sorted, you will have to keep us up to date with the handling
                DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

This might be of use -> http://www.gobluedevil.com/blog/why-...teering-wheel/

Noticed my car has a squeak at low speeds and it's the same spec as yours. I'm going to check the fluids when I get a chance but I park on an incline so I need to find somewhere for it to settle before looking. There is some occasional steering wander too but I suspect that is just down to tracking more than anything; previous owner did a number on the front alloys.

Comment

Working...
                  X