Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get a rattling noise from their aircon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get a rattling noise from their aircon?

As per the thread title. It sounds like the sort of rattle that happens when a fast running fan touches something it's not supposed to touch. It seems to be coming from the aircon. Occasionally it happens when starting the aircon but more often happens about a minute or two after switching off the engine. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems and never happens when driving.

Hi duddon girl, not yet but if the dealer continues with his crap the rattling will be his problem.

Comment

Hi,

I don't recall seeing this before, you might've noticed that now you've posted this a list of similar topics appears at the bottom of the page. Do any of those sound like your issue ?

If not, is your DS3 still under warranty ? If so I'd get the dealer to look at it for you
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duddon girl View Post
        Occasionally it happens when starting the aircon but more often happens about a minute or two after switching off the engine.
        I think it may be the servo adjusting the air intake/guide flaps inside the air ducts. Especially when switching off the car, after a few minutes I can hear a similar noise and that is the air intake flap closing. Similarly that flap opens when you start the car. Mine has started to make louder noise and I'm hoping it does not break down because replacing a servo inside the dashboard seems like an expensive job.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Typically, now that I have mentioned it, it has stopped doing it.

Comment

Mine used to clunk on in my 120. Not really had it on much in the new one
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
            X