Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 150 THP Cooling Fan P Fault Advice

Hi Everyone!

New to this site, had my DS3 150 THP Yellow with white roof for over a year now, absolutely love it but its starting to cause me some headaches now!

First the wiper motor went and then a broken spring £485 already this year, they were easy but the day I got my spring fixed a error appeared on my screen saying engine fault repair needed with service message on the dash. Garage said message was a P fault for cooling fan, went to auto electrics and it wouldn't recognise my car. Went to another garage and they told me there were a few codes unknown so I need to take it to Citroen Dealer.

Has anyone had problems similar? The first garage said before replacing cooling fan its best making sure its not any sensors etc. Will take it to Citroen on Saturday, fingers crossed they help as I know some dealerships are not interested

Lastly I have little knowledge on cars, will car fail a mot if error message is shown? Mot later this month

Thank you

Sorry to hear about your problems. Not much info on the fault and there should have been some numbers after that P as part of the fault code. So no way to even make a conjecture about it.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

If you have an ANDROID phone, you can download Torque Pro APP, get an OBD2 reader off ebay and plug it into the SCART plug looking connector behind the panel to the left hand side of the glovebox. That will show you all the "Pending" ECU Faults, and you can save them to your phone

There is Loads of P fault codes, and Ive had a fair few of them in the last 2 months

Even if you cant get to the fault codes this way right now, it will help you for the future.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
      X