Radio Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Problem

A few times now my car radio has just stopped working, I can still listen to music via bluetooth, usb, aux but not the radio. On previous occasions turning the radio on and off a few times worked but the other day I got into my car and the radio was on and it just went off and wouldn't go back on. Turned it on and off, turned the car off and on, even after I drove an hour and stopped to get diesel it wouldn't work. I drove around a 2 hour journey and the next day it worked fine. Anyone an idea as to what could be? I've never heard of it happening before lol

No idea other than gremlins, would try unplugging the battery for a couple of minutes.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

When it doesn't work is there just radio silence or white noise?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Could be loose connection at the back of the radio
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I was thinking grounding. If there's a dicky connection it could mean that the circuit isn't earthed but I can't work out why this would only affect the radio.

Wasn't there an info rapide for an earth connection?

Stab in the dark but if you have the myway, this could be related: http://mybrennan.co.uk/irs/SATNAV.pdf
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If it's not this ^ I'd get it into your friendly dealer, I've had my stereo head unit replaced for issues before and Citroen have always been really good about it....

The Tech guy at my dealership said there is little they can do with them other than simple fault checks..... I know the aerial base on the roof can become faulty due to water ingress but this doesn't sound like that issue to me.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              When it doesn't work is there just radio silence or white noise?
              Nope just silence!

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              If it's not this ^ I'd get it into your friendly dealer, I've had my stereo head unit replaced for issues before and Citroen have always been really good about it....

The Tech guy at my dealership said there is little they can do with them other than simple fault checks..... I know the aerial base on the roof can become faulty due to water ingress but this doesn't sound like that issue to me.
              Had yours the same problem or another one? I don't have the MyWay system. I took a video when it happened and I flicked through all my radio stations, changed the volume and then put it onto USB to show that it would work on that. Worth a trip to the dealers then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
                Nope just silence!

Had yours the same problem or another one? I don't have the MyWay system. I took a video when it happened and I flicked through all my radio stations, changed the volume and then put it onto USB to show that it would work on that. Worth a trip to the dealers then?
                Dealers I reckon, it's not something I've seen reported on here in 5 years so it's likely to be something that will require their intervention.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  Dealers I reckon, it's not something I've seen reported on here in 5 years so it's likely to be something that will require their intervention.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on
                  I rang today and I've it booked in for the 17th of April - Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

Regarding the radio problem, mine has been replaced once already under warranty. As mentioned above Citroen will just replace the unit. But make sure you get some form of paper work to prove that it is replaced while under warranty. If it stops working again soon after they may refuse to replace it, if you can't prove it has been done before (once out of warranty)

Comment

I've had this issue before, it was quite a while ago. I was driving up the M1 and my radio was tuned to BBCR1. In certain places reception is really patchy and in one of those areas my radio gave up and turned itself off! I was able to use the aux connection to continue playing music but the radio was dead and I couldn't get it back on at all. I even tried restarting the car at a traffic light when I pulled off the motorway and that didn't work either.

Next day I got back in my car and it was all working perfectly again like nothing had ever happened so I didn't really take much notice.

I'm not really sure what to suggest here but it does seem like if the circumstances all line up there's a bug in the system that will kill the radio, your dealer will probably be able to help you.

Comment

Any kind of issue with the radio would be best resolved by your dealer who will put in to Citroen for a swap and replace. Granted I have seen this before but in my mind the issue is not a common one.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                          I've had this issue before, it was quite a while ago. I was driving up the M1 and my radio was tuned to BBCR1. In certain places reception is really patchy and in one of those areas my radio gave up and turned itself off! I was able to use the aux connection to continue playing music but the radio was dead and I couldn't get it back on at all. I even tried restarting the car at a traffic light when I pulled off the motorway and that didn't work either.

Next day I got back in my car and it was all working perfectly again like nothing had ever happened so I didn't really take much notice.

I'm not really sure what to suggest here but it does seem like if the circumstances all line up there's a bug in the system that will kill the radio, your dealer will probably be able to help you.
                          Your describing exactly what happened to me, hopefully I'll know a little more after a trip to the dealers

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Any kind of issue with the radio would be best resolved by your dealer who will put in to Citroen for a swap and replace. Granted I have seen this before but in my mind the issue is not a common one.
                          Is the unit replaced usually with an issue like this? Didn't know whether it was worth a trip to the dealers or not so I thought I'd ask on here. But all booked in so hopefully it will get sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
                            Your describing exactly what happened to me, hopefully I'll know a little more after a trip to the dealers

Is the unit replaced usually with an issue like this? Didn't know whether it was worth a trip to the dealers or not so I thought I'd ask on here. But all booked in so hopefully it will get sorted
                            Do let us know how you get on when the date finally comes around. I suspect it's a software problem rather than a problem with the radio but your dealer will probably end up replacing the unit for you anyway.

Are you constantly in an area with poor signal? I usually have good radio signal and I haven't had the issue since October last year.

Comment

Got my car back yesterday - unless they see it doing it, they won't replace the unit. They done an update on it so maybe that will sort the problem. Got 2 new window regulators and they bled my clutch to see if that would help with the gears. Hopefully not be back to the dealers now until we need a service

Comment

Working...
                              X