XL tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XL tires

Hi, i needed to replace a pair of tires. I ordered online bridgestone potenza REO50A 205/45/R17 88V but i received the Xl version (extra load, reinforced sidewalls ) I would send them back but i had the "technical inspection" today. (MOT ?) so i had no choice but to fit them on.

My question is, do i have to put more air in to them ? On the sticker in the car it says 2.4 bar ( 35 psi) for the normal ones, so im not really sure. I would really apreciate your help.:confused:

Do not know what came on your car but my original fit Bridgestone's are the extra load version. So would stick to what the sticker recommends for air pressure.
    Last edited by cyclone; 09-04-2015, 14:25.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have to check that, i was asuming the stock ones werent XL

Comment

Just know what mine came with.

Comment

2.4 bar is too low. I use at least 2.8 bar and the tyre shop said use 3 bar. I have the potenzas, with XL.

Comment

I would shy away from recommending any deviation from the manufactures spec unless they have at least a basic understanding on the handing changes that will occur. Not even considering tire wear and comfort aspects.

Comment

Wow 3 bar in the tyres that sounds abit high lol. Thats nearly 45psi

Comment

All REO50a tyres are extra load tyres 2:8 bar is far to much 2:4 only max
                http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I put 32 in mine is that ok ?

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
                    All REO50a tyres are extra load tyres 2:8 bar is far to much 2:4 only max
                    While not labeled as SL or XL they also are available with a 84 load index instead of the 88 XL version

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

My DS3 is very sensitive to grooves in the road, so a little bit over the 2.4 bar reduces "pulling". Although I'm going to investigate if it's because of the tire or the wheels because with winter tires there is no "pulling" effect.

And no, I don't encourage to deviate from manufacturer's recommended tire pressure. Just my experience and information from apparently someone who knows (tire shop etc.). I don't use 3 even if the tire shop says so, last time the guy inflated them to 3 even though I said don't. He said you I can lower the pressure afterwards if I want, ha.
                        Last edited by pmatil; 15-04-2015, 11:11.

Comment

Working...
                        X