6 month old Ds3...gear link broke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 month old Ds3...gear link broke.

Had to get towed back from holiday this week as when I put my DS3 into reverse the gearstick became very wobbly and I could not get this into gear. The AA had a look and told me that the link/selector had broke. I was towed to my nearest Garage and now have to wait a week to get it repaired as they are that busy. I have been given a courtesy car via Citreon assist. They are calling me on Monday to advise if this is covered under the warranty. They seem to think so but never commit. Will this be covered. Really like the car but gutted about its recent injury.

I would hope it would be covered

Comment

Pretty sure it will be covered. It would normally take the terminator slamming the gear lever around to break anything. The dealer will not commit because they do not have the say. It is Citroen itself that says yea or nay and the dealer will not be able to tell you till they tell him!
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Pretty sure it will be covered by warranty so long as the gearing hasn't been tinkered with
        Recently had a Citroen assist AA hire car myself- altho I was told it was for 2 working days only, so advised the dealer and they got me a courtesy sorted for after that :-)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

The car hire company and the dealer said they would liaise with Citreon assist for me to keep the hire car longer but I'll chase this myself as well just to make sure as they can't get my motor fixed until Thursday. I can't even change a tyre never mind tinker with the gears. The AA man did fasten a cable tie to the selector though sho he could get it in first to get it on to the back of the wagon.

Comment

No worries- it will be covered. Chasing the Courtesy will be the main issue

I never worry having a courtesy- had one for 3 weeks recently
            Keeps mileage off mine :star:
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Good news is that the fix will be covered under the warranty and be ready by Wednesday. Citreon Assist though have said to Enterprise that I have to have the car back to them by five tomorrow. I don't finish until five and takes me over a hour to get back to the car rental company. Enterprise gave me the news at quarter past six and told me to ring assist to get an extension. Assist said nope the car need to go back by cob tomorrow. I think enterprise have pulled a bit of a fast one here's I cannot get in touch with them until they open and chances are they will want to charge me for another day knowing that I couldn't get back in touch with them today as they were closed once I spoken to assist. They can come and get the car but I doubt they will travel to my place of work to pick it up.

Comment

Given these stipulations I'd tell them the car is available at your work at 17:00 if they want to come and collect if not you'll deliver it after your meeting finishes at 17:00
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X