Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 THP Won't Start

'Good' morning everyone.
    Having major problems today, essentially the car won't start and I'm looking for a few helpful pointers, as I don't have any means of taking it to a garage! Easiest way is probably to do a nice list, so hear it is:
    • Lost all sensitivity on the brakes at weekend, they were just on or off, but still worked, tried some emergency stops and the ABS didn't seem to kick in
    • this morning engine started, was briefly really rattley, then just stopped (on the drive thankfully)
    • Starter motor turns and all electricals seem to be ok
    • Have ruled out fuel (in that it has some) and battery (tried a jump with the wifes car)
    • Car had it's timing physically re-set about 4 weeks ago, had no problems since until today
    • No error codes are showing on my code reader (but it's just a £20 hand held one)

My first though is that the timing chain might have gone completely, if I can find a workshop manual/instructions on how to I'm going to go and check it myself this morn.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts!
    Last edited by ketsbia01; 20-04-2015, 11:35.

UPDATE - I've managed to get a pending P0341 + P0342 code from another reader. Cam shaft position sensor faults as I understand it. Trying to get a tow to the local garage as still won't start.
    Last edited by ketsbia01; 20-04-2015, 11:35.

Comment

Gutted

I'm not too clued up on the THP's, but someone will have some helpful information soon
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Towed it to the garage, won't be looked at until Weds

Comment

timing chain/tensioner related I reckon
          have you done your search on here re timing chain on THPs?

hopefully i'm wrong
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

That's what I thought. When my timing was re-set last month it was apparently 'one tooth out'. I did have the tensioner checked about 13 months ago too...curses

Comment

What made you get your timing checked a month ago? (Symptoms?)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

If it still turns over, then hopefully the valves and pistons haven't gone crunch with eachother.
                If you're really lucky, it could just be a faulty camshaft position sensor, which indeed would stop the engine from starting.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Good luck
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X