Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen DS3 155bhp Limp Mode

Hi,
    I had a problem whilst driving on a 60mph road and when my car went into 'limp mode' and within 10seconds the car lost power and shut down. This was the first time it happened 4 days after buying the car.. the garage 'fixed' it although this morning the whole car shut down on me whilst driving and again went into limp mode although the engine light only gave me a few seconds! I have only had the car over a week. I'm not to happy that I am already having problems although I have fell in love with the car and have no other troubles apart from this! originally they fitted a new coil pack although this did nothing. My car is the DS3 Dsport 155bhp. So any answers to this problem would be great, as you can imagine I just want to be able to drive my car which is currently at the citroen dealership somewhere. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Cam Belt? Sorry for the paragraph! I'm currently stuck with no transport whilst its in the garage
    Thanks.

Welcome to the club

Sorry to be negative but if I were you, I'd return the car and tell them you want a different one.

The THP is great when it works, unfortunately once it starts failing it'll be a long time before its right again.

Have a search through the forum, lots of threads on the various issues people have had.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What he said.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Agreed. Return it if you can
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          Welcome to the club

Sorry to be negative but if I were you, I'd return the car and tell them you want a different one.

The THP is great when it works, unfortunately once it starts failing it'll be a long time before its right again.

Have a search through the forum, lots of threads on the various issues people have had.
          Hi,
          Unfortunately I'm not sure if returning the car is an option as I'm tied into a contract which is a pain. I managed to log the issue whilst I am still in Warrenty so I am covered for another 3 weeks then I have an option to extend the Warrenty. It's at a citroen garage which is far away whilst it's fixed although they've managed to get it in and gave a quick look at the car within a few hours then moved it to another site so hopefully it will be a quick fix and nothing to serious

Comment

Originally posted by AbiS252 View Post
            Hi,
            Unfortunately I'm not sure if returning the car is an option as I'm tied into a contract which is a pain. I managed to log the issue whilst I am still in Warrenty so I am covered for another 3 weeks then I have an option to extend the Warrenty. It's at a citroen garage which is far away whilst it's fixed although they've managed to get it in and gave a quick look at the car within a few hours then moved it to another site so hopefully it will be a quick fix and nothing to serious
            I'm sure someone else will be able to advise the legal specifics but if they've sold you a car and within 4 days it's broken (through no fault of your own), that car isn't fit for purpose. A full refund or replacement car (of equal spec/mileage etc) would be the minimum I would expect.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hope you get it sorted under the warranty Keep us posted.

You have a lot of rights as a consumer, this page is quite good for information;
              http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...funds-exchange

You have every right to take it back. If I took out a new mobile phone contract with 02 and my new phone was faulty by day 4 I'd be taking it back to them.....
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

^This, if you only have a limited warranty I'd be looking to exchange the car
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X