Stutter/missfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stutter/missfire

Right have a 2010 thp...about 34k and serviced about 4k ago..bit of a strange one.. if i leave car over night and go drive it.. when it hits 4k it stutters/missfires and lets out a few loud bangs out the exhuast.. once its been driven a bit it stops... am i right in thinking worse and the dreaded thp piston failure??

might just need the intake valves cleaned, or spark plugs changed early.
    If one or more of the pistons are failed, it will run horribly (if at all) from the moment you start it.

Comment

First thing i would check would be spark plugs... if dealers serviced it then no doubt they wont have changed the plugs as the interval is 20k and the plugs gap like crazy.

I had a missfire on cylinder 1, but it turned out to be a coil pack for me

Comment

On the invoice they said they changed 4spark plugs.. but it was going be my first place to check see if any are wet or somthing..the leaver on 1 of my coil packs is a bit dodgy and some times dont clip down as it should.. so that was going be my second stop.. thanks guys

Comment

nice to hear of any easy fix to a THP
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I have one of the earliest thp 150 engines from 2008 in my 207, had new timing chain last year but hasnt caused too much bother otherwise..its on around 57k miles at the min and all seems well so far

Comment

Bit of an.update on this.. took it to a citroen specalist near me.he done some reset on the ecu said there was no codes on first place.. it seemed to run.ok for a few days then back to its horible self.. then i went to start it this morning and the reves droped to the point ot was just about to cut out then reved up.. done same a few times then it settled at just over 1k.. then after few mins went down to nornal.. so i am stumped and a bit frustrated

Comment

Bring it down to me, I'll sort it first time guarantee!
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Funny enough jamie i have been saving for you to wallnut blast it so been trying save enough to come.for.a trip.down and for me and my partner make a hole weekend of it.. so you may be seeing me.in a month or so

Comment

Might not be related but I change my plugs, oil and filter more regularly than the service schedule states.

Comment

Your surging of revs when cold sounds like HPFP issue. You can sometimes induce this fault by sharply blipping the throttle a few times without allowing to revs to rise...should begin to stutter. If you log the data showing fuel pressure you will see it drop well below 10 bar.
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Will have to look into that then thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X