Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressure

Hello guys,

simple question I'm sure someone on here would be able to give me answer straight away when I'm pumping my tyres should i pump it to the psi it says on the inside of the passenger door or the max psi thats printed on the actual tyre as on my car i seem to have 3 wheels the same then a different one but i don't want to blow the tyre (i don't know know anything about cars just the record haha)

You should use what it says on the passenger door shut, pretty sure it's 2.4 bar (34.8 PSI).
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

As Beefy says you go with the pressures listed on the car. Note that if you car may be fitted with the tyre pressure warning system if built after Nov 2014.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

ok thanks for your help and it is a 13 plate so guessing it dosn't have the pressure warning system, thanks for your help though guys

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          You should use what it says on the passenger door shut, pretty sure it's 2.4 bar (34.8 PSI).
          How the feck do you put 34.8 psi in when your local garage inflator goes up in 1 psi segments. Or do you just fire 34 or 35 in.

Comment

Originally posted by L22 View Post
            How the feck do you put 34.8 psi in when your local garage inflator goes up in 1 psi segments. Or do you just fire 34 or 35 in.
            Just for you I would recommend buying an electronic regulator that can meter the air pressure in very precise increments. For every one else I would say duh use your brain and round it off.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yep thanks for the sarcastic answer cyclone , much appreciated.

Comment

I inflate them to 35 PSI and have had no issues.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I use 2.4 bar front and rear!
                  LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    For every one else I would say duh use your brain and round it off.
                    Tell that to Michelin! Their UK website quotes pressures in lb/sq.in to two decimal places. That's what you get when you let salesmen do an engineer's job. . .

Comment

Yep thanks for the sarcastic answer cyclone , much appreciated.
                      Does your garage guage only show psi ? Mine has BAR and psi so I can go with either
                      sigpic

Comment

I use the trusted kick the tyre method to check the pressures
                        DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          Does your garage guage only show psi ? Mine has BAR and psi so I can go with either
                          Yep both our local garages only have psi. So 35 it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X