Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird trip computer fault

Hi there.

Got a 1.6HDi Dsport and reset trip1 everytime I fill in. The second one I have left since I picked the car up just to see how many MPG I have done since got it.

I have now done 8000 miles and loked on trip2 to see the MPG and noticed that it has somehow stopped on 6214 miles and is not increasing?!?!?

Have I done something to "pause" the trip computer or is this a weird fault? Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers
    110HDi Dsport
    Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
    Carmen red dash

Maybe you have reached some sort of limit in the trip, curiously 6214 miles is just over 10,000Km...............................being that its a French car maybe they consider a trip limit of 10,000Km to be adequate

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
      curiously 6214 miles is just over 10,000Km
      I Hope To God That You Googled / Worked That Out As Opposed To Hving That Info In Your Head John ?...

:L

Comment

The idea that the mileage quoted seemed odd and that it might equate to a nice round number of Km came from my head...........the maths courtesy of an on-line conversion site. One of the advantages of having been around for a long time is that solving silly problems becomes second place.

Comment

Lmao Well Im Glad You Didnt Have The Info In Your Head As I Woulda Kicked Off :L

Comment

Originally posted by djclark25 View Post
            Hi there.

Got a 1.6HDi Dsport and reset trip1 everytime I fill in. The second one I have left since I picked the car up just to see how many MPG I have done since got it.

I have now done 8000 miles and loked on trip2 to see the MPG and noticed that it has somehow stopped on 6214 miles and is not increasing?!?!?

Have I done something to "pause" the trip computer or is this a weird fault? Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers
            Yep, mine did this too. Can't remember if it was exactly that mileage, but it was deffo in the low 6k's. Will look more closely next time around!

Well spotted on the 10k km limit John - classic piece of lateral thinking!

Comment

Funilly enough I was thinking of the 10,000Km limit but I forgot to check that and posted in here instead...... honest!!!!!

Looking at the size of the display for miles it looks like if it was to get to 9999 miles it would either stick or reset to 0 as the colum isnt wide enough for 5 numbers

Thanks for the info!!
              110HDi Dsport
              Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
              Carmen red dash

Comment

A likely story...........................

Comment

Not heard of this one before, have seen trips go past this figure on older cars.

The only thing is it may be a bug on the DS3's latest software release.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Noticed this the other day, I haven't reset trip 2 since taking delivery of my Racing. I used to check it regularly to see what my average consumption was, but haven't checked it for a while. Then I noticed that it had stopped at 6214 miles, did a conversion and it came out at 9999Km. Obviously Citroen haven't bothered to modify the software for the UK.
                    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Mine froze at exactly same mileage- thought Id pressed a button or something
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Did this too, did many double takes before it twigged!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                          ...Obviously Citroen haven't bothered to modify the software for the UK...
                          No the software is written in KPH, there is just a sub routine that converts it over to MPH. Citroen isn't going to waste money re-writting the software for a small majority market I'm afraid to say.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

That is amusing.

Being from Australia and a "km" country, I can confirm that the trip computers do in fact stop at 9999km.
                            Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
                            2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Working...
                            X