Under Inflation Monitoring Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Inflation Monitoring Fault

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to Citroen and the DS3.

I picked my polar white Dstyle Plus 1.6 E-hdi (90) Airdream on Tuesday. Looks really good with the moondust grey roof, I also got rear mud flaps fitted which look really nice.

On the first day of ownership I got a 'Under pressure monitoring fault' and the service light came on. So I checked my tyre pressures and they were a little out (not expected on a brand new car). I then reinitalised the system, which cleared the fault.

They same fault came on the next day, so I took the car back to the dealership and they did the same reinitalise that I did, which cleared the fault again.

It came on again yesterday, third day in a row, so I have it booked in with the dealership today for them to look at it.

Has anyone else experienced this or possibily know what it could be? I checked my tyre pressures again yesterday and they were all fine.

I don't expect this on a Brand new car.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sam.

1st Welcome
    No one expects to have faults with a new car but more often that not there are issues that need to be resolved. Building a modern car is a very complex procedure and the parts are sourced from cheapest possible suppliers. It is no wonder that that there are issues. More relevant is how the dealer is reacting to your problems both in attitude and performance of there service.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Welcome
      Keep on the dealers back (in a nice way!) until they resolve it.
      Not heard this one before though.

JB

Comment

Welcome to the club

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        No one expects to have faults with a new car but more often that not there are issues that need to be resolved. Building a modern car is a very complex procedure and the parts are sourced from cheapest possible suppliers. It is no wonder that that there are issues. More relevant is how the dealer is reacting to your problems both in attitude and performance of there service.
        +1 to this. Hope the dealer sorts it for you ASAP.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The system is a mechanical set-up so my guess is that one of the sensors is not working correctly hence the alert. First time I've heard of it happening though so it's most likely just "one of those things" and your dealer should sort it out quickly for you.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks Guys.

I will see what the dealership find today and let you all know.

Comment

Just had a phone call from the Dealership, they were unable to find anything. They took it out on a test drive and hooked it upto the diagnostics and no faults logged.

They have asked me to keep an eye on it and let them know if it comes back. They said that it sometimes takes a tittle time for things to settle down.

Will keep you posted if it comes back.

Comment

Just had the same fault come up on my year old car did your dealer sort out the problem or did it not recur again

Comment

I believe that the system uses the same wheel sensors that the ABS etc. use to compare wheel rotation speeds...........could be an intermittent dodgy connection there somewhere.
                  but then that would probably trigger an ABS fault warning, or does that only do a self-check on startup, when things could be OK?
                  Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I know it sounds silly but you did reset the system when you checked the pressures?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Not checked the pressures recently car had been in the dealers for its first service the day before, update fault warning has
                      Cleared so hopefully it was just a blip

Comment

Working...
                      X