Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 THP Timing & Running Cold Problems

Good Day

i recently bought a 2011 Citroen Ds3 THP 155 Sport.

Immediately i've had problems with it. First the engine light went on, and it put the car in Limp mode. Since i have an extended Warranty that covers all engine costs i sent it to Citroen.
    They plugged in the computers and thier first diagnostics was that there was a problem with the Solenoid valve.
    Once they fixed that, again the engine light went on. they then replaced the Timing assembly, which includes timing chain etc. To solve the car Running cold, they first replaced the Outlet
    Tank and changed the antifreeze coolant. Still the car was running cold. They are now currently busy changing the High Pressure Petrol Pump and fuel pipe.

Hopefully this is the last repairs. I have no idea what is exactly wrong. My car has been over a month standing at Citroen workshop.

So far the parts that have been replaced.

1. Solenoid Valve
    2. Timing Chain
    3. Outlet Tank
    4. HP fuel pump

I am just soo frustrated, because ive been waiting so long for my car, and citroen cant exactly tell me what is the problem.

Would gladly like some feedback

Regards

Pretty sure you have left out a lot of the story there and sorry your having issues with the car. Sound like Citroen is going through their normal process of troubleshooting. Change the cheapest parts first then see what happens and move on to the next possible broken part in ascending order of cost. A lot of time is also wasted just sitting around waiting for the dealer and Citroen, who have the final say in what gets done under warranty, to communicate with each other. Know it is very frustrating. Would you have the right to hand the car back seeing as it has been broken most of the time you have had it?
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Its unfortunate but some THPs are just like this
      Let the engine warm up for couple minutes before you set out, not above 2000 revs till temperature reaches normal. Super unleaded RON 98 or above fuel, and change the engine oil and filter every 6 months.

Then go to Church every Sunday :redface:
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Still believe this is linked to carbon build up on the inlet ports, which they have over looked. How many miles on the car?
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Not saying its not inlet area, but if its only on start up, could point more to Timing chain needs lubing, and warming up etc
          Mines like it for about a minutes or so, always has been
          Used to be only in winter, now doing it in summer

There was another good explanation on an old thread on here, relating to the THP engine about oil needing circulating on start up.

Found the quote, not sure its relevant:

"They lay the noise blame on a poorly designed (cheap) HLA that quickly bleeds down and depletes it's internal oil reservour after shutdown. After start, the HLA becomes a pneumatic lash adjuster until sump oil is finally pumped into the valve train assembly and the ingested air is slowly bled out of the HLAs. The shutdown position of the camshaft lobes will affect how many HLAs end up depleted, and the subsequent amount and variability of the start-up "rattle".

As Tom, their valve train designer/engineer guru states in their forum, the "rattle" we're hearing is not the HLA, but the valve itself smacking back into the cylinder head due to the "deflated" HLA. He recommends we do not exceed 2,000 rpm until the noise stops to avoid valve damage or breakage. His other recommendations are using a 0W30 synthetic oil and non-stop complaining to MINI. The engineers emphasize that the noise is NOT NORMAL, and make sure the dealers hear that loud and clear."
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 10-06-2015, 08:08.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
          X