X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citroen service trust or not?

Hi all,

My 1st comment on here so that's good.
    My Q is: I have a DS3 Dsport + and have it serviced at my Citroen dealers, when the car was 2yrs old they advised me to change the brake fluid fare enough it should be. But I've had bad experience with dealers charging for stuff that they just don't do, but in any case I agreed to it but it's hard to check if they have or not! as new fluid looks like old! But I will had that 1 wk after I had the front tyres changed and they were really hard to come off just like they hadn't been off since the car was built. So is it possible to change fluid without taking the wheels off??

Sorry for being long winded

If you're completely replacing the brake fluid you'll want to flush/bleed the system completely.

The wheels shouldn't be "too" difficult to remove by hand providing you've got the right tools for it.

If you're just topping up your fluid, it shouldn't require you to remove the wheels.

As with any maintenance surrounding the brakes, I'd always recommend that you seek further advice if you're not sure what you're doing. If your engine brakes on a motorway, there's still a means to stop. If your brakes stop working that's a different story all together.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

This is probably worth a watch:

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Citroen charged for a complete change but I don't think they removed the wheels! So I'm thinking they haven't and I have been done!

Comment

If one has access to a car lift and I would assume they do then yes you could do it without taking the wheels off easy.

Edit: Eric is bit of an idiot.
          Last edited by cyclone; 01-06-2015, 14:04.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

That did cross my mind that they could do it from underneath but wasn't sure if it was actually possible.
            There's a big service coming up next, brake fluid, plugs and coolant quite expensive so I just want them to do everything I pay for because when you check there work there is only the oil that you see is really new.

Comment

Thought my oil looked dirtier than it should have after its 2 year service
              Put it down to paranoia. They stamped the book, and i will change it before winter anyways

Know they changed the air filter, as my KN panel filter was replaced with a paper one LOL (My bad)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Really after an oil change you shouldn't be able to see the new oil on the stick for weeks afterwards! on petrol engines anyway.
                how do you know if they have changed spark plugs? They say you should after 4yrs, my car is approaching that but is low mileage so do they need to be? I mean really.

Comment

Ask for the old parts back. They should be more than happy to comply with that request.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                  X