Hazards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazards

I had to slam the brakes on today and notice the hazards were on , do they automatically come on ? , no their were no deers harmed in this exercise.

Yeah they do. Surprised me the first time it happened too haha.
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

My white edition used to do that all the time pissed me right off, I ended up cutting the wire that linked braking to the hazard sensor, funnily enough my new dspoet doesn't do it but I think the brake lights flash instead, it's meant to be a safety feature but it really isn't
      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

It is a safety feature even if it annoys you. Lets the person behind you know that you have braked hard and sudden. Not all cars are built with aggressive driving in mind but for the normal Joe that just wants to get to work and back.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

All good saying that but they caused more issues, brake hard no one behind at all and everyone around either thinks your being a prick or have a mechanical issue, cars scatter and cause more issues... Also they come on then you have to either smash the button multiple times or move forward to turn them off, if you at traffic lights they don't go off, I had them going off without even braking hard then when I do brake hard and lock a wheel (safely) they don't go off? They're so stupid, then you always have to drive round them grrrrrr...

Sorry Rant Over :eek:
          - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Maybe just maybe it's your driving.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yep. It says in the destruction book they will cone on when the car senses the brakes have been slammed on. Nice idea I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                Maybe just maybe it's your driving.
                +1. Never had them come on when they shouldn't. Broda, either your system is broken or you should really think hard about your driving style.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Most cars do this now. Contributes to the NCAP safety ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                    Yeah they do. Surprised me the first time it happened too haha.
                    Same here. I was like, "That is so cool!"
                    Aka:
                    Alex

:ds3:
                    Blue Phoenix
                    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                    X