start up knocking, and odd engine movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• start up knocking, and odd engine movement

So the other day i was on my way back down from Peterborough, cruising as you do. got into some traffic and eco mode was working perfectly, until it started developing a sound when the engine restarted, a metalic sort of knocking and it dissapeared when the engine was running. thought nothing of it until today in town it did the same again.

When i got home i asked my dad to have a look at me and the engine when it starts up at any point moves anywhere from half an inch to maybe even 2 or more back and forth, whish aswell as the sound calms down to a normal movement once past the initial start up. its a 1.6 airdream HDI diesel., 14000 miles and its a year old at the end of this month.

The car is on finance from citreon for three years, and need to know whether i shouldnt drive other than up to the dealer as i have to travel 200 miles for work on monday and dont want to risk getting stuck.

What is/has caused this? engine mounts, bolts, wear and tear and has it happened to anyone else? PLEASE HELP!

1/2 inch ok can see that but 2". Sounds like an engine mount has gone. As to driving would get with the dealer and put that back on them. That way if they say it is ok to drive till fixed and it destroys something it isn't on you. It has happened to another members car. Should not be a hassle to get covered under the warranty.
    Last edited by cyclone; 15-09-2015, 14:12.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
    X