*engine repair needed*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *engine repair needed*

Fault code, THP driving it went into limp mode today, got home turned it on again and it was fine but fault still logged, any idea what this could be? Temp sensor, timing chain? Thought I blew the head gasket to start with lol, any way to get a proper fault code?
    - Challenge Accepted -

Originally posted by Broda View Post
    Fault code, THP driving it went into limp mode today, got home turned it on again and it was fine but fault still logged, any idea what this could be? Temp sensor, timing chain? Thought I blew the head gasket to start with lol, any way to get a proper fault code?
    You'll need an OBD reader to view the actual error code. You can get bluetooth adapters and an app for your phone if you want to check this yourself.

I'd suggest getting it to the dealers if it's within warranty. Knowing the THP's it could be any number of things

Best of luck.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

UPDATE - engine management light just turned off and cleared itself on the trip computer WTF
      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Mine had the same a few months back, when checked the code was for fuel flow (or pressure cant, remember) outside of parameters, hence why I am having Jamie change the HPFP

Comment

Originally posted by Broda View Post
          UPDATE - engine management light just turned off and cleared itself on the trip computer WTF
          Would still have the fault codes read to see what caused it.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Don't trust cheapo diag tools on these THP, they don't show all fault codes. I had customer who had scanned using torque pro which came up clear. Lexia found 2 faults regarding mixture.
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

When mine had issues recently, Torque pro showed about 6 different fault codes. all accurate.
              Use Torque as a guide... just don't live and die by it
              Its only £3 after all
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm taking it to my mates on Thursday so will update you then, they're really good guys! Cheers for the help guys,

In limp mode does it drop cylinders? Felt like I was running on 2 for a bit?
                - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

If fuel pressure is low it will misfire, limp mode is just a reduction in power and rpm.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I was moving at the time, maybe it couldn't keep up for some reason, hopefully we will know more soon
                    - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

It wasn't just a cut in revs it was running lumpy as if it was 2 cylinders, nothing smooth in it at all, I though I blew a head gasket to begin with, kicked the clutch in straight away
                      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Low fuel pressure

My car is currently in my local citroen dealership getting this problem sorted. The engine management light came on about a month ago and displayed engine fault repair needed so instantly I took it to Arnold Clark where I purchased it from, they said it was low fuel pressure and it was a one off! However Monday morning I was driving to work and the same light came on with the same error message so I took it direct to citroen and told them to sort it out....just hoping there's nothing majorly wrong with it and it is just an easy fix...I read somewhere about the fuel filter getting clogged up by some diesel fuels..should I consider filling up with better diesel from a shell garage rather than a local supermarket? Any advice would be much appreciated. P.s the courtesy car I have been given is a brand new Corsa and it struggles to even overtake a tractor!! Not used to driving this slow!! I can't wait to get my DS3 back!!

Comment

When I first had the problems on my old THP it never showed any fault codes at all the chain would slip and then tighten with not even logging it

But I think now with all the publicity of the known problems the dealer should be up to speed
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

UPDATE!

Showed 9 Fault codes for stupid stuff like, towing hitch lol, got a misfire in cylinder 3, will replace the plugs and see if it occurs again, any reccomendations on plugs?
                            Last edited by Broda; 18-06-2015, 14:03.
                            - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Bump...
                              - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Working...
                              X