First MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First MOT

Took everyone's advice and went to Citroen finniston for my service and first MOT. Got the expected call half way through the day to say car had failed due to exhaust mountings perished cost to replace £120 reminded them car under 3 years still agreed to do under warranty. Picked car up now they say it needs pads and discs front and rear at a cost of £520 ! I have done 24000 miles never had to replace discs that early with any other car is this normal for citroens? If so gonna get rid of it poor quality if this is the case in first MOT

Mine has just passed the 3 year mark and when I had the last free service, and mot had advisory note that front disc and pads needed replacing soonish. Around the 250 mark. Car has done approx 37k.

Comment

Mines just turned 27k and the front brakes discs look quite well lipped, and pads 3/4 thru
      Was quoted about £3- 350 for front discs and pads, and not far off for the rear
      Got it booked in Kwikfit Thursday to get it assessed for free, and quote for drilled/grooved discs and pads

Front looks worse than rears

I thought dealer were a bit pricey....
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Never had to replace discs as early as this in my life

Comment

Had my front discs and pads replaced at around the 30k mark. Done by my local National Autocentre, who I have used for years for £190 all in.
          sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
          Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Just done the wife's megane made 100k mark

Comment

Found it strange that both front and back need done having a Twitter row with Citroen just now

Comment

Sounds very early to me, I've just had service at 33000, not even an advisory, still on original all round.

Comment

I sometimes think some but NOT all dealers try to get some money for things that don't necessarily need doing straight away.
                  When I took mine in for its 2nd service they tried to sell me 2 new tyres as mine were 70 percent worn!!!
                  So I told them no thanks as I have got 30 percent left. Also told me my oil was dirty when they changed it and they could flush the engine for a price.
                  And the air con needed a service due to the age of the car. 2 years old .
                  Told them the oil would be dirty as it's a diesel.

Comment

Yeah very disappointed in the finniston branch and Citroen UK in general very poor service and quite sneaky in their dealings I was told brakes need done right away as they weren't safe yet it passed mot. Have been trying for 4 weeks to book service but it's my fault I have a private reg and they couldn't find on system so couldn't book online or over phone had to go into branch. And I paid 150 quid for the privilege

Comment

Tell them to jog on! My driving school car got to 40k odd before I changed the front pads, even then they didn't really need doing!
                      BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

I'd get them checked elsewhere to be sure if they need doing.

Brakes are like tyres in that they will wear completely differently for different people because everyone has a different driving style / area they drive etc.

Please get them checked by someone you trust, for your own safety.
                        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

As I told someone else recently the limits are published in the manual. Ask to see the measurements of the disks as they are right now and the limits for the disks from the manual (it's 2mm). If they are trying to BS you they will not want to show you. If they have no problem with showing you, you can then make an informed decision as to what you want to do.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

will be getting a Kwikfit quote to replace 2 front discs and pads tomorrow, and will post up for comparison purposes
                            Gonne asked for drilled/ grooved disc quote too

Any reason why brakes squeal, if not worn? that's wht ima getting. pads look 25% left to be honest
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

From experience with Citroen I have found that the lower mileage cars get through pads and discs at at greater rate than the high mileage cars. Short journeys use them up as does a car in damp or wet conditions where the discs go rusty. Cars that stand on garage forecourts for a long time often need them as they are washed regularly and not used so the discs corrode.

Comment

Working...
                              X