No announcement yet.

First MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27k miles for me in 27 months I would guess is average, and fronts need doing soonish. Its my daily driver, both town, A roads, and motorways.

Driving on motorways can also mean using brakes at high speed when required, and town driving usually only dab them
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mine's done 35,000 miles in five years & the pads all have, from a quick visual inspection, around 6-7mm left on them. This is a reflection of the sort of driving we do nowadays, either short trips around town or long runs predominantly on motorways or dual carriageways. Even given the sort of use they're getting it's still excellent mileage from a set of pads. No significant lipping on the discs, either.

As for squeal, a common cause at highish mileage is either the pads not moving freely in the calipers or the caliper pins sticking. Taking the pads out, cleaning everything & lubricating the mating surfaces with a thin coating of copper grease usually cures it.

Comment

Had them checked 6.75 mil left on them and pads not perfect but no way need changed right away. Will never set foot in Citroen finniston again absolute disgrace of a company to deal with from online right down to garage level.

Comment

My wife's car is booked into Finnieston tomorrow so we'll see if they try to charge for the exhaust bracket again tomorrow mine got done under warranty{a year old than hers} so i'll be asking them to check them before hand, they really should know these are warranty items by now
          Stupidity built in at no extra cost

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Any reason why brakes squeal, if not worn? that's what i'm getting. pads look 25% left to be honest
            Ahhh - brake squeal - it's just about gone away on mine after fitting new Mintex discs and pads a few months ago.

I followed some of the advice given HERE :cool:
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Mine has done approx 30k now and still on original pads and discs. At my last service the dealer was adamant both the front discs and pads needed changing but I think they erred on the side of caution as an independent mechanic I know said I could just change pads in a few 1000 more miles
              sigpic

Comment

Mines on its second set at 40k!, But I drive like an absolute spanner!

Comment

34k miles now and brake pads/discs all still ok.

I have replacement EBC slotted/drilled discs and green pads for the front and replacement discs/green stuff pads for the back in the EBC basket at around the £350 mark I think. Will ask my local mechanic to do them for me when needed. I think the fronts are all thats needed now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    will be getting a Kwikfit quote to replace 2 front discs and pads tomorrow, and will post up for comparison purposes
                    Gonne asked for drilled/ grooved disc quote too

Any reason why brakes squeal, if not worn? that's wht ima getting. pads look 25% left to be honest
                    How did you get on with Kwikfit? I was quoted £260ish from Citroen for discs and pads all round after my MOT yesterday and was thinking I'd get them checked at Kwikfit too just to get a second opinion.
                    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Got mine in for the de-coke under warranty before it runs out, they are also doing a free service and have said they will do my discs and pads for £185 non-citroen or £225 using genuine parts. They also said the cheaper option was probably better so can't really fault them this time other than I've been driving a 1.2 petrol cactus for the last 4 days with no update on mine as yet. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X