Hesitating DS3 110 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitating DS3 110 2010

Had my 110 for a while now and just noticed that when i change from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th etc etc there is a second or two Hesitation, never noticed it before, it was only because i was driving hard through the gears i noticed it,
    this normal or is something not quite right ????? fuel filter, pump, crap fuel, injectors ????

I have looked through the forum, seen a few reply's but nothing firm.

Any help most appreciated
    Thanks

what rpm are you changing at?
    if its dropping below (roughly) 1,600rpm then you might be falling off boost

Comment

It vary's as it happens in 3rd gear at 3200rpm, drop to 4th 2400rpm and then get a second or two flat spot, then kicks in, it dont seem to matter what the rpm is it just does it in all gears.

Comment

Originally posted by tezb View Post
        Had my 110 for a while now and just noticed that when i change from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th etc etc there is a second or two Hesitation, never noticed it before, it was only because i was driving hard through the gears i noticed it,
        this normal or is something not quite right ????? fuel filter, pump, crap fuel, injectors ????

I have looked through the forum, seen a few reply's but nothing firm.

Any help most appreciated
        Thanks
        My dad had a similar problem with his Vauxhall Vectra V6 diesel and it was the fuel pump losing pressure, I know it's a different car and vbigger engine but Vauxhall wanted £5000 to replace fuel pump! I'd get it checked out mate

Comment

Could try V-Power fuel, or similar, for a while, rule out 'crap fuel' I did this and cured my hesitation, tho does sound different from what you describe.

Comment

I vaguely remember Chris having an issue with a valve on the turbo that caused similar hesitation issues.

Best bet is to take it in to the dealer, get the codes read and get it sorted.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah mine was attributed to a sticking valve and a split in the pipe.... I'd definitely get it looked at by a Citroen dealer - is it out of warranty now ?
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X