ESP and Decat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP and Decat

Evenin'. Its been a while since ive last posted on here...DS3 been all reliable and fun in the time. I have a 1.6VTI (please please dont say I bought the wrong car) but I have a track day looming. How do I knock this pesky ESP off?! Ive never been a problem so far...ok, ive had it flashing many a times on the road but on the Indy circuit at Brands wouldnt be ideal. Ive tried mini fuses, pulling them but 1 leaves brake lights constantly on and the other disables the rad fan too. Dont reeeeeally want to be playing with the maxi fuses. For you techs out there... Ever had an ABS sensor fail? if so, does it put the car in limp home mode? ABS off on a track i see as a perk too, I know you cant have 1 without the other. Im not fussed about it not meeting MOT requirements. Is the ESP something that can be disabled on dealer computer?

Another thing, being limited on modifications it seems, is it possible to decat my car to recieve any gains? Anybody done it? The Citroen Boutique offering looks like a standard mani-cat cut up removing the cat, leaving the 4 equal length pipes going into a larger diameter pipe before getting reduced into the standard exhaust size on the bend. I would much prefer getting violent with the standard exhaust to achieve the Boutique type as clearly looks like some work has been put into the original design, assuming bore size and lengths arent restrictive rather than them special things on ebay that looks boshed up, packaged up with a great description.

Apart from a good servicing and towing eyes, any other tips for car prep for a track day? Thankssss :lemon:
    I run mine on Tesco Momentum99 petrol, woo, a mod?

There is no way of turning the ESP system off... Except you will find if you travel while holding the accelerator and brake together for about a minute it will put the ESP into an error state, This will log a fault but the car will not go into limp mode, Please note! I'm offering this as a solution to something that cant be sorted otherwise, I take no responsibility for the wear it puts on the components of your car or for the lack of driver skill!

Comment

Working...
    X