Stop - Start query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
    Handbook! Yes it does, thank you for reading.
    Wahey someone read the handbook!

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
      Sorry but it definitely isn't working fine. The main give away being that it was coming on while I was still coasting to a stop. It shouldn't be turning the engine off until I've came to 0mph for 0.5 seconds. All I'm asking is if there is any physical sensor that I can change myself or is it ecu related in which case will I need to go the dealers
      Mine comes on when coasting. I always do this coming up to a red light. Around 10mph and under it will kick in.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Mine cuts in if coasting to a stop. My nephew only noticed his stop/start operating when he didn't have the stereo on. Nothing to do with the stereo, just the fact that it is on high volume most of the time.

Comment

it's an annoyance more often than not - I often find myself disabling it whilst in traffic (which defeats the object of it!) as it will turn off for 5 seconds then instantly turn the engine back on each time I lift the clutch into neutral
          DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

My 2012/12 will cut off when coasting too, has been like it since I got it so don't think there's anything wrong, functions like brake assist and the electric power steering still works as it should whilst coasting! I was told that it could be as simple as a poor battery that is maybe fluctuating on the voltage threshold, ie under the threshold the start stop won't work?

Comment

Cheers guys. My bad then haha. I was comparing it to my friends stop start system which works when he's stopped...

I'll maybe get the battery checked then as it's never worked for me ever. Apart from that one time a month or so ago...

Comment

Update on the stop start.

Drove to Glasgow and back (from cumbria) and on the return journey I noticed that the stop start started working (this was saturday) and it's still working now and has done at every time it's suppose to have done.

On the way there I haven't driven it any differently at all round town. Didn't drive any different on the motorway. The only difference I can think of is instead of using regular bp diesel I used half a tank of regular shell diesel from the motorway services and then fulled the other half with shell v power when in Glasgow. It's worked ever since and the fuel is the only thing different! And as I've said earlier it's never worked since I bought it in November 2014

Surely changing the fuel won't have an affect on the stop start?

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                  Surely changing the fuel won't have an affect on the stop start?
                  More powaaaaaaaaa!

Seriously though, there are like 70 things the Stop/Start system checks, it could be the fuel or could be a coincidence. Only a Citroen tech could say for sure.
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I've used all types of diesel in mine and the stop/start has always worked, as Beefy said the problem is there is a huge checklist of things needed for the stop/start to work, I just appear to be lucky in that with the way and distances I drive mine works all the time
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X