Water ingress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water ingress

Is it common for water to leak into the drivers side footwells. As I accidentally pushed the drivers mat securing "spike" through the carpet. So I put a finger in to see if it was possible to retrieve it
    I then discovered the foam under the carpet is absolutely sodden with water. On further investigation I found you can lift the carpet up just behind the seat. I could see a pool of water there. I have booked the car in for citreon to look at and am hoping it can be sorted under warranty. Has anyone had this problem?. It might be more common than we think. I would not have known unless I had lost this plastic "spike"

THIS thread might help you
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Cheers for that mate
      Made a very interesting read
      Looks to me like a design fault somewhere.

Comment

A simple thing to check also is the drains for the area under the base of the windscreen. Look through the screen at each corner to see if there is water standing in there. The drains are in the bottom outside corners and can become blocked up with leaves and other debris.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

One of the first things I did to the car when we bought it was to make sure those drain holes were clear. You can see the water running from underneath the car when you pour water down the drain hole area. The area had always been dry with no standing water collecting there. So hopefully they can be discounted. Just hope they find where it is coming in from.
          I will update this post when I have hopefully some useful information.

Comment

Originally posted by ed taylor View Post
            Cheers for that mate
            Looks to me like a design fault somewhere.
            The second image in post #5 of that linked thread is definitely where to start - have you checked the 'small overflow' shown?
            Last edited by Owd git; 08-08-2015, 14:30.
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I have checked in the boot to see if there is any water in there. Thankfully it is bone dry.

Comment

Update. That could be very useful to others.
                My citreon dealer phoned me, asked me many questions where I parked the car was it on a hill
                . I asked them dud they look at the scuttle drain holes. They did.
                To cut a long story short.
                This is the bit to take note of. They found the "air con drain off pipe" had come adrift. So the water was running into the car. Not outside onto the floor.
                So if you have water in the drivers side footwells it could be your air con drain off pipe having come adrift too.

Comment

I have lifted the carpet up. Heck there is one heck of a lot of water under the carpet. I am using a wet and dey vac. The omount of water it had sucked out is unbelievable. I recon there are quite a few members who may have the same problem. But don't realise it as yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X