Ticking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticking noise

Hi got problem with a ticking noise on start up goes away then comes back when idle been in to citreon and they said put up with it its just the engine it's a ds3 2015 1.6 vti.

Originally posted by jaygice View Post
    Hi got problem with a ticking noise on start up goes away then comes back when idle been in to citreon and they said put up with it its just the engine it's a ds3 2015 1.6 vti.
    If it's on a cold start up then perhaps the manifold or tappets?

Does the sound only appear when starting the car for the first time or does it reappear when stationary at traffic lights for example?

Comment

My 2010 1.6 Vti did this, as did Wes' and I believe Richards 1.4.

There was no fault to find, but mine did sound dreadful on some days, others it was silent.

The 120 likes to drink oil, so it would be worth checking that to eliminate

This is my thread with a video - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sound-THIS-bad
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by jaygice View Post
        I've had two 1.6 vti's and they both did the same ticking noise at idle which would come and go at different times. WTF is right about them drinking oil, both of mine gave warnings after 8-10K miles and needed topping up! Providing your oil level is good I would say its normal.

Comment

Could be a timing chain on its way out?

Comment

I had my timing chain checked, still got the Vti.ck (Vti tick)
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
            X