Washer jets not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer jets not working

Ok just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and if there's a quick fix?

This week I thought my screen wash had run out as there was no washer jets when I pulled the control stalk. I filled it up and noticed that the bottle was still mostly full. When I tried the jets again there was a dribble coming out of the drivers side nozzle but nothing on the passenger side

I carefully used a small needle to check the holes weren't blocked but although I can hear the water pump working I still only get a dribble of liquid out of the nozzle. Obviously I haven't checked the fuse as I can hear the pump working.

Any thoughts ?
    sigpic

Maybe a blockage in one of the pipes or even though you can here the pump working it might not be working correctly
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Does the rear window washer still work?
      sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
      Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

leaky pipe- has the engine bay got wet anywhere, and any water under the car? (That's not aircon drainwater)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks all for the responses, I've been out looking at this further and can confirm:

1. The rear washer works fine
          2. The rubber pipes appear to be clear, by process of elimination I found the screen wash goes through the pipes up to the washer nozzles but stops at one of the connectors that also appears to be some type of spring valve on the passenger side. I took that out, soaked it in wd40 but although the pin inside the plastic connector appears to be moving no screen wash can get past it

Looks like I'll need a new one and see if that works....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

I can hear the pump working. I still only get a dribble of liquid out of the nozzle.
            Any thoughts ?
            Ah the joys of growing older.........

JB
            Last edited by Jimbob; 24-08-2015, 06:59.

Comment

Replaced the fuse to be sure it's not that?
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I haven't mate as I can hear the pump working and when I removed the bonnet sound proofing and disconnected the pipes it was working and screen wash was going into the jug I was using...

It's going into my local dealer tomorrow for an investigation

On a brighter note they've also ordered me two new bellones under warranty to replace the ones with corrosion. That will be three to date so only one left now...

Dad - I'll be in touch to see what else I can expect as I get older.....
                sigpic

Comment

Pop the bonnet open and trace the washer pipes to a "T" and unplug the hose, now try the washers and see if water shoots out. If not try the hose connected to the water bottle and see if you are getting pressure.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks mate, I did that at the weekend and found it worked up until one way valves just below the nozzles, it appears both are stuck as washer liquid was free flowing up until those.

My local dealer removed both the one way valves this morning and have ordered 2x replacements, in the interim the pipes are connected up withou the valves so I can get screen wash on the windscreen with some persistent holding of the stalk
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X