daytime running lights dont work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daytime running lights dont work!!!

hey guys just bought a ds3 dstyle diesel and everything works apart from the running lights.

I know you can turn them on and off in the menu which ive tried but nothing happens so maybe there a
    fault somewhere??

I know its cropped up before. could it maybe be a fuse. where would I look to check??

Are the lights set to auto

Comment

There's gotta be a fuse for them!
      BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
        Are the lights set to auto
        I don't have automatic headlights on mine. don't know what the problem is

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
          There's gotta be a fuse for them!
          First place to look Remmified is the owners handbook

Page 225 - 231 (218 onwards of the older handbooks) covers the fuses in the handbook, apparently F4 in the engine bay fusebox is a 20A fuse for the LED lights, not sure if this means the DRLs or the newer LED headlights fitted to the latest DS3s though.... Given that it's detailed in both handbooks I'd have thought it refers to the DRLs...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

Page 225 - 231 (218 onwards of the older handbooks) covers the fuses in the handbook, apparently F4 in the engine bay fusebox is a 20A fuse for the LED lights, not sure if this means the DRLs or the newer LED headlights fitted to the latest DS3s though.... Given that it's detailed in both handbooks I'd have thought it refers to the DRLs...
            Cyclops will be proud of you!!!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
              Cyclops will be proud of you!!!

JB
              And I am, Thank you Chris.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

What puzzles me is, why did they use a 20A fuse for the DRLs. They actually use roughly less than 1A, no surge really either... Each module has a constant current driver built in.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  And I am, Thank you Chris.
                  You're welcome
                  sigpic

Comment

its not the fuse. checked it and its fine. swapped it with another fuse but still nothing.

Comment

....at the risk of sounding stupid (it's not hard) have you gone into the menu, ticked the option and then clicked on the "OK" button? Then switched off the ignition and turned it on again.

Comment

theres no tick option or ok button on mine. I think mines the old style screen but ye ive tried turning them on through the menu like you advise, although I haven't switched the ignition off and then on again. would that make a difference?

Comment

Really stupid question. . .

You do know that they only come on with the engine running, don't you?

Comment

yep ive tried switching them on with the engine running but that doesn't work

Comment

So do any headlights activate at all? I don't know how it's supposed to work without Automatic lighting system which has the brightness sensor to tell whether to turn on the DRLs or the regular headlights.

Comment

Working...
                              X