Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 engine problems

Hi
    I purchased a ds3 sport a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine, since then I have been on holiday
    for a week so haven't driven it. I have come to drive it today and an error message has beeped on the radioSaying engine fault - needs repairing and the service light is now on. As well as this the Eco has been deactivated and my auto locking no longer works. I can't take it back to the dealers until Tuesday as it is closed
    Over bank holiday. Just wondered if this is a common fault and why this has happened as it was running
    fine before I went away.

Does the engine feel down on power ? If so it might be a DPF issue (I've assumed it's a diesel), if it's still driveable you could attempt a spirited drive on the motorway, normally a gear less than usual to warm up the engine/exhaust and try and force a DPF regen to clean it out.

That said, I take no responsibility for any damage caused as with the limited information available I can't be sure what the problem is.
    sigpic

Comment

Could be anything, you need to read the fault code from the car. In my case it was the throttle flap frozen stuck. As for the eco mode it usually kicks in when the car has not been driven for a while (it's very picky). Also could be that since there's a fault the auto locking is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Godfrey09 View Post
        Hi
        I purchased a ds3 sport a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine, since then I have been on holiday
        for a week so haven't driven it. I have come to drive it today and an error message has beeped on the radioSaying engine fault - needs repairing and the service light is now on. As well as this the Eco has been deactivated and my auto locking no longer works. I can't take it back to the dealers until Tuesday as it is closed
        Over bank holiday. Just wondered if this is a common fault and why this has happened as it was running
        fine before I went away.
        Did you take it to the dealer?
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
        X