worst day ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst day ever!!

Today (sunday) has been the worst day EVVVVVVVERRRRRRRR. this is a long story...

decided to go to the hull motor show. so got the car cleaned for it, set off with the pooch. turns out though the postcode on the Facebook page was wrong, so once i got the new post code i was seven miles off. so off i set then got stuck in a never ending queue. By 1.00 i still hadn't got to the meet, so gave up. took pooch for a little walk cus he was busting after two hours in the car. set off back home, where the car decided that all that creeping in the traffic it would start telling me i didn't have enough petrol to get home. so driving along the 1079 looking for a cheapish petrol station all the electrics started going crazy! locking and unlocking the doors, folding in the mirror, warning lights flashing, needless to say i was worried, got to Market-Weighton petrol station, got out to fill up, it locked me out!! so had to wait for it to finish having a fit. stopped at a mates so poor pooch could drink and stretch his legs. Car locked me out again. phoned Citroen assist they told me to go to my dealer, so drove to the dealer, where the lad told me there was nothing he could do, he wouldn't give me a courtesy even tho the car wouldnt stay locked. so after four hours of crappyness, i had to wait for the AA to come and lock the dam thing.

The AA guy has had to take out the central locking fuse so that it wouldn't unlock its self over night. he then told me to phone the dealer at 10.00 in the morning.

so this morning i was on hold for a combined amount of 15minuets, till i was told they cant see me for over a week. i said im going to make a formal complain as you are going to leave me with a potential dangerous and unsecure vehicle. you havnt offered me a courtesy car or some where to keep it safe until you can look at it. i then said i want to speak to the manager, hes not in till 8.00 tomorrow (Tuesday). so i said he IS going to phone me when he gets in.

How bad is that??
    “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Could water have got into something electrical, ive never heard of that happening to a DS3.

Comment

Is your dealer Citroen in York, near Clifton Moor? I go there and customer service has gone down hill since Eric left.

I'm a driving Instructor and 2 weeks ago on a Friday my brakes started grinding (pads worn to metal), so phoned to book in for new Discs and pads for front, earliest they could see me was the following Thursday for a 15 minute assessment, then they would book me in to do the work. I said that's not good enough, need them doing now, today or tomorrow. She said sorry can't fit you in. Needless to say went elsewhere, got them done the next day. Terrible from Citroen York.

Comment

Hey scarey,

Whilst I fully appreciate your frustrations I don't really see what the dealership you called can do if they're fully booked for the week I'd call round other local dealers to see if they can fit you in.

Good luck
        sigpic

Comment

How far is Broach Hill from you? Can't praise this family run dealership enough.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by gmt234 View Post
            Is your dealer Citroen in York, near Clifton Moor? I go there and customer service has gone down hill since Eric left.

I'm a driving Instructor and 2 weeks ago on a Friday my brakes started grinding (pads worn to metal), so phoned to book in for new Discs and pads for front, earliest they could see me was the following Thursday for a 15 minute assessment, then they would book me in to do the work. I said that's not good enough, need them doing now, today or tomorrow. She said sorry can't fit you in. Needless to say went elsewhere, got them done the next day. Terrible from Citroen York.
            As a driving instructor maybe you should keep up with the general maintenance of your vehicle rather than waiting till the pads go to metal :eek:

Most dealerships will have a few days wait till they can get you in, I suppose that's how quick-fit / national stay around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bungz View Post
              As a driving instructor maybe you should keep up with the general maintenance of your vehicle rather than waiting till the pads go to metal :eek:

Most dealerships will have a few days wait till they can get you in, I suppose that's how quick-fit / national stay around.
              I completely agree, on my last service 2 months ago, I had green light symbol on everything including brakes. as my car had covered 32500 miles in 9 months, I queeried this and asked if my brakes were ok, she said yes they're fine, everything is green, so I presumed they would last to my next service.
              So I was suprised and annoyed with Citroen, for not warning me as they have in the past, saying something like amber and 70% worn, for example.
              Thanks for the advice Bungz. I'll try and keep on top of it from now on.:bow:

Comment

well i phoned the manager this morning and amazingly when i mentioned i was going to contact the customer care to complain they found a 2.00 appointment today to have a look at it.
                water wouldn't have got in, it was a really warm day on Sunday, also it was fine when starting it up cold in the morning.

The AA guy thinks there is a loose earth connection somewhere, but it could be any where, and to be careful in-case of a fire!!

Regardless of if they have any appointments they should still have the decency to offer another dealership, or some helpful facts or to keep the car in a secure part of there car park or a car for me to use in the mean time, due to the fact it is a unsafe and unsecured vehicle. and that is what the AA called it, and the manager even said i shouldnt be driving it!
                “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Quick update. They had the car for just under two hours, an said there's nothing wrong with it, so the problem wount happen again. Then i told them i told the service guy i was still going to make a complain to customer care regarding how iv been treat. he went and got the manager whose given me his personal mobile number so i can phone him monday to Friday if something goes wrong. how weird is that. i just said i better hope it doesn't go wrong on a weekend, because it has before.

Comment

Just don't drive it on a weekend Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X