Trunk won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk won't open

My son has problems opening the trunk if I am in the car with the engine running. Is this a feature or a failure?

Will I need to get a new son?

Comment

Trunk is the rear? Commonly referred to as the boot in the UK

If you've been out driving and the car has auto locked (above 6mph IIRC), then the boot will be locked until you open one of the doors. It's a security feature I believe. Press the lock button on the dash to unlock.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Trunk is the rear? Commonly referred to as the boot in the UK

If you've been out driving and the car has auto locked (above 6mph IIRC), then the boot will be locked until you open one of the doors. It's a security feature I believe. Press the lock button on the dash to unlock.
        Ah, great. Son AND car stays

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DS-engaged View Post
          Ah, great. Son AND car stays
          Good result all round. Tell him he owes me a pint
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Boot Wont open

Hi,

I'm new to the page - last week I got a jacket caught in my boot (trunk) door, after driving I realised the boot sign on the dash was flashin,g so I got out to close and realised this was due to the jacket stuck and hadn't shut properly. Since then ive been in and out of the boot and its been fine. Today I've got to open the boot and it wont open at all, I've tried pushing down on the boot and also pulling up and it wont budge, what can I do to open it? and what do you think might be wrong?

Comment

Boot Wont open

Hi,

I'm new to the page - last week I got a jacket caught in my boot (trunk) door of my DS3 2011 plate , after driving I realised the boot sign on the dash was flashin,g so I got out to close and realised this was due to the jacket stuck and hadn't shut properly. Since then ive been in and out of the boot and its been fine. Today I've got to open the boot and it wont open at all, I've tried pushing down on the boot and also pulling up and it wont budge, what can I do to open it? and what do you think might be wrong?

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Silly question, but does the boot button make the "click" noise when you press it to open it? Try pressing your keyfob unlock button twice too.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I seem to recall that there's instructions in the handbook - access by folding down the back seat and then poking something with a screwdriver?

Sorry - can't resist adding the Trunk Monkey to this thread
                  Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Can we try something basic first of all.

One would assume with the engine running you've travelled more than a few meters? When this happens the central locking is engaged and can only be opened from the inside or with the key fob.

Check the the "Lock" light on your dash isn't illuminated before attempting to open the boot again.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If all fails there is a manual release from inside. You would have to lower the seats climb inside and when look at the latch from inside there is a little slot about 2cm off center on the hatch side of the latch. Inside that slot is a little lever with a even smaller hole. Stick something in it and push the lever to the side. That will open the latch if it isn't mechanically broken.

Edit: Ah! The owd git beat me to it!
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

There's no clicking noise when I press the button - I will try opening it manually this evening from inside. I hope this is just something straight forward.

Comment

Sounds like to me that the microswitch for the boot has failed, simple enough fix which your dealer will be able to sort.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Solution

All fixed

The external opening button was broke, the wire inside became detached and the connector had snapped. ew connector for £3 all fixed and full working order.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Great news
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X