Air Con Freezing cold then really warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Freezing cold then really warm

Hi guys, i have been having an issue with the air conditioning in my 1.6 ehdi. In warmish weather when i set the air con it randomly blows out brief minutes of beautiful cold air then goes to warm outside air. This keeps changing back and forth with the warm air usually winning. I've had the air con regassed although the tech guy said it had plenty, its was cleaned and topped up, yet still its not working properly. Please can anyone give me any suggestions i loved my air con and now its gone

Is it set on auto?

I know mine will blitz out some cold air to get up to the temperature before settling back to the overall temp setting if it's on the auto setting.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpinpenguin View Post
      Hi guys, i have been having an issue with the air conditioning in my 1.6 ehdi. In warmish weather when i set the air con it randomly blows out brief minutes of beautiful cold air then goes to warm outside air. This keeps changing back and forth with the warm air usually winning. I've had the air con regassed although the tech guy said it had plenty, its was cleaned and topped up, yet still its not working properly. Please can anyone give me any suggestions i loved my air con and now its gone
      If it's coinciding with full throttle applications, this is normal. Happens on mine and just about any other modern car.

If not, then something might be wrong. It sounds like your compressor is cutting in/out for reasons unknown. They might also need to check if the compressor is staying on when it's meant to, or cutting out due to an overpressure on the high side because of a blockage.

-Try setting the aircon to maximum cold, it should be spitting out constant cold air. If it keeps going to warm, then yep you probably need a better aircon tech to look at it.

Comment

Working...
      X