X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only time will tell I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      To be fair the Petrol engine, a BMW unit, is the main source of engine woes on DS3 and is not a French or PSA designed engine.

Also according to Reliability Index Seat ranks much lower on the board than Citroen
      The Prince engine block is based off of the Citroen TU engine, BMW did the heads. So really is a bit of both. But think Jamie was referring to the normal BMW direct injection engines like all the others (except those few now using direct AND port injection) have valve coking problems.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Strange how this proble m wasn't picked up across multiple manufacturers of direct injection engines before they came to market. I guess if the symptomscuter reasonably cheap and accessible then it's not the end if the world.

Anyway, I had my remap done today by Quantum Tuning. I've now got one very eager little DS3 and a wide grin.

Comment

Yikes. Don't drink and type.....

Comment

I've had the remap for 2 days, and I've driven about 150 miles in that time. I have to say it's made a big difference to the whole feel of the cat. It's generally far more eager and pulls more strongly from lower revs. The fuel consumption seems to have increased by roughly 1 mpg, but I suspect that's due to me not properly adapting my driving style to the new map and the raised, flattened torque curve. Generally a much nicer car to drive though. Not bad for 150 quid.

Comment

Oh yah a remap is at the top of the dollars to smiles list.

Comment

Originally posted by Volemangler View Post
                Strange how this proble m wasn't picked up across multiple manufacturers of direct injection engines before they came to market. I guess if the symptomscuter reasonably cheap and accessible then it's not the end if the world.

Anyway, I had my remap done today by Quantum Tuning. I've now got one very eager little DS3 and a wide grin.
                I would agree that if SP Tuning are too far away then Quantum tuning is the next best move,I`m very pleased with the results so far!
                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Just wish I could get the hang of this Galaxy S6 keyboard.....my tooping is drodful....

Comment

Originally posted by Volemangler View Post
                    Yikes. Don't drink and type.....

Comment

My secret shame......

Comment

Working...
                      X